Could the Dodge Dart stock amp be my problem?

Participant count
  • Participants list

LuciliaePrincess

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, I am very sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum, I am new here and am just looking for some help to a problem I have been having for quite some time.

I am not that familiar when it comes to audio settings, or anything related to audio really... I have a 2013 Dodge Dart with the Premium Alpine audio upgrade, which includes a 540 watt (I think) 12 channel amplifier, 9 speakers, and 1 subwoofer. About a year ago is when the problem started and it caused my audio to act very weirdly in multiple ways...
My audio is very loud and muffled now. I used to listen to my music on around volume 17, now I feel that volume 12 is equivalent to that and anything higher and I feel I am going to blow something. As for the muffled sound, it just sounds like my audio is all muffled... I really do not know how to explain it otherwise. Think of if you were to put something over a speaker, how you would feel the bass and faintly hear the audio, that is what it sounds like.
All of my speakers feel like they play the same equivalent of audio. My smaller dash and trunk speakers play mid-level audio, and no bass, door speakers play faint audio and quite a bit of bass, and my subwoofer plays actually no bass and very faint audio... This is not how it was, my dash and trunk speakers would play 95% of my audio, the door speakers would play mid-level bass (the rear doors would play the other 5% of very faint audio, the front door speakers only played bass), and my sub was the vast majority of the lower bass, I am unsure if it ever did audio.

I have tried so many things to get this to work. I have checked all fuses I think would cause it, I have taken out my amplifier as well with no change. I have a nice OBD2 reader and was actually able to get into my amp and see it is throwing off a very odd error... It is telling me that channel 11s speaker output circuit is open. The reason that is odd is I have 9 speakers with all 1 channel, and my sub has 2 channels, so 11 channels and 1 is unused, which is 11... With my OBD2 reader, I was able to go around to every speaker individually and not only making sure they are working, but also mute the channel that is associated with them, so I know channel 11 is unused.

So, after my LONG post, why would my amp be throwing off an error code of a channel that is not even used, and saying that the circuit is open?

Welcome to Fiat ownership.

The Dart was a half baked attempt at best that was engineered by a company with a reputation for low quality. I'm glad I only owned a Dart when it was under factory warranty. A new turbo and clutch master cylinder was all convincing I needed to get rid of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.