cost to pimp my car?

djdungeondisco

hey guys , I just got a 2003 bmw 325i for my 16th bday and I have some money saved and I wanted to pimp my ride ! hah

how much would it cost like if i wanted to add 2x visor monitor's , 2 head rest monitors , kICK ass DVD player and a nice amp .

and the installation cost.

or maybe u guys can suggest something that would be better . k thanks

lol happy birthday... fuk the visor's and shyt... tell these guys how much money you have to spend and they could put together a system that will be dam good for you....

i'll tell you the prices anyways

visors -- $150-$300 each (depending on brand / egay)

headrest -- $150-$300 each (depending on brand / egay)

DVD player - Pioneer AVIC N1 -- ($1500-$2000)

nice amp for what?!?!

16 y/o...

2003 bmw...

3k for a/v gear...

****. hell of a system potential there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif what are you looking at for speakers? after all, you can't just watch on your screens //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i have 3k to spend
i heard people charge crazy prices to install this stuff thoe, so maybe al and eds is a good place to go?
self install is not that hard. DVD, monitoirs and what not may be more of a pain.

do u want a seystem or just the DVD stuff. Personally I would go with a system, cause it is dangerouse to drive while watching movies/playing games. and I would rather do that in my house than in my car. A little less wierd.

haha ya well i sell tshirts and stuff on cafepress.com , btw foamy ROXX

i just want a simpe sound system , anything better then factory sound system really. basicly i want a "cool looking amp/sub" or whatever haha has long as it looks cool im happy :p haha im so sad ..... ni way maybe you guys can help me choose a system thats worth it or something of quality .

yeah...for subs, you could probably swing a W7 or two, but I don't know how much the video equipment goes for, I've never messed around with that...if you can get a 10W7 or something, go with that, along with a nice 1kW+ amp to power it.

Well i know in nyc. They see a young guy wid a bmw, they gonna try to dikc you over.

I'm sure in cali might be the same.

I'd say learn a little, and do some research, so you know if you gettin a good price or not.

Shop around.

Wid da fing BMWs, you can only afford so much to put in it, ti's stuff to put on the outside that's a fing arm and leg, das why it had to go, n i got a hoe!

if you got 3,000 you can get an AMAZING sound sytem, you said you wanted a lot of video equiptment and a amp?video gear dosent require amps, if you want some subs i will recommend RESONANT ENGINEERING, ADIRE AUDIO, IMAGE DYMANICS, AND JL AUDIO, as far as speakers i will recomend DYNAUDIO, ADIRE AUDIO, DIAMOND AUDIO, DLS, RAINBOW, as far as amps i will recommend, ARC AUDIO, JL AUDIO, ZAPCO, MCINTOSH, US AMPS, DIAMOND AUDIO.Know this is all HIGH END gear and you are gona get a absolutly astonoshing sounding car with all this.

U must be joking me. You reach ass boy. I got my car broken for 500 buks (my money) repaired it myself collected aluminum cans for money to repair it. Now I am selling my computer to get some money for the chip ass amp some components and a H/U for under 250 buks. Thats what I call passion. Anyway I am only 15 thou. Go ask your reach daddy to pay for the install and top of the line equip as a chrismas gift.

j/k man but seriosely be smart and buy evrything yourself and let pros install it and name your price of I dunno... 250 that will do. Or even betta find somone on the forum from NYC that way you won't miss or not who knows. Good luck kid and don't let money make an A hole out of ya. ( at least if everything u said is true)

P.S.

is that gibberish to anyone else? or is it just me? heh
sounds pretty gibbrish to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wacky.gif.cf4a48f9e6dfe9504ffd2c946fd2f340.gif

Quite a few people on this forum need to learn to spell. Decent grammar doesn't make you a punk or anything.
I second this...

Installing a DVD H/U isn't difficult, just a tad more challenging than a run of the mill CD player. Now installing video screens in your headrest/visor would be a little more advanced. Depending on the make/model of your car, often times you can order replacement headrests with video already installed.

here are my recommendations...Headunit, go with eclipse or alpine. I'd go with Eclipse's new AVX series with the built in harddrive to stroe music.

For speakers...Focal or MB Quart, very clean and crisp sound for not that much money.

Amps are a throw up...JL is nice if you have the money, I like my JBL, try Zapco, also expensive. Subs...JL has monsters, RE's are sweet and come highly recommended out of this forum and Adure Audio.

If you want monitors, I'd recommend Fernheit, which is also Power Acoustik, or Icon TV. Do not buy 7.2" screens, every one i've seen ahs been a grade B screen and you should settle for a 7".

just my 2cents....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.