Corolla

Snozzer
10+ year member

Michigan
Im trying to help a friend of mine install some new speakers to get rid of the stock.

I Took the door panels off, and found the speaker attached in a strange way. It almost looked like it was rivited to the door.

So im not sure on what to do in this situation. Any help would be great.

If those rivets are the only means of fastening, then you're going to have to drill them. It usually doesn't take long to do.

Are there screws underneath the foam on the outer edge of the speaker? (Not the surround, the stuff where a visible basket should be.)
Nope, nothing under the foam.

If those rivets are the only means of fastening, then you're going to have to drill them. It usually doesn't take long to do.
Ya i think this is what we decided to do. The only thing im kind worried about is what is underneith and if we can re attach it back after we drill it.

you pretty much have to take a knife and gut out the speaker. tear it from the plastic spacer. then you can screw in your new speaker into the plastic that is if your installing a normal 6.5 inch speakers. otherwise if its a 7inch diy one then you have to make a baffle from mdf.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.