Copper or Aluminum?

As far as my experience the only up sides for Aluminum is being lighter and in AQ's application the spiders are sandwiched instead of having a spacer in between them.( Hand made )

Both accept retarded amounts of power and I found the copper coils to withstand daily at high volume better than aluminum.

Hope that helps.

Sorry about that ...I was talking about coils.I was looking at a few different 15's.I think it was the Audio Q HDC 315.I did not know the difference between the 2 materials.OR if there really was a difference...??

thor how much power are you putting to each of those 10s....i mean i'm thinkin if you got dual 1's they at around 1 ohm each...(with box rise)
I have my 10's on 2 5k's strapped at 2ohm ( 1 ohm per ). In the past I ran them on 1 5k at .5ohm and had no issues what so ever. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Rob is correct. the alu are lighter which is louder but the coppers are better daily on music. the coppers handle the heat better.

cliff notes

burping=alu coil

music=copper coil

My aluminum hdcs handle the power much better than the copper coils could even dream of on daily usage. I will never buy copper coils agian for my hdc...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.