Cooling Fans

bad03ranger
10+ year member

Get Some *****
http://www.ampdepot.com/car/accessories/fans.htm

PAC Model

#CF1 - Crossflow Amplifier Cooling Fan

This powerful fan draws cooling air over your amplifier, keeping it running at optimum efficiency through the toughest of prolonged use and / or competitions. Increase the performance, reliability and longevity of your amps with this precision-made brushless crossflow fan from PAC. Measures 8.5" X 1.25" X 1.25" is this the total mounting surface measurement or the fan itself measurement?

http://www.ampdepot.com/car/accessories/fans.htmPAC Model

#CF1 - Crossflow Amplifier Cooling Fan

This powerful fan draws cooling air over your amplifier, keeping it running at optimum efficiency through the toughest of prolonged use and / or competitions. Increase the performance, reliability and longevity of your amps with this precision-made brushless crossflow fan from PAC. Measures 8.5" X 1.25" X 1.25" is this the total mounting surface measurement or the fan itself measurement?
8.5 is probably both. looks like the fan and motor extend the full length of the mount

1.25 looks the same full body width

Way too expensive for a fan though......

where can i get one cheaper and do i mount it (fan up or down)? it will be above my amps

I didnt mean too expensive for that model, I meant too expensive for any model...

I'd go with the standard black plastic fan like the ones they also show..

More along the lines of these....

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/58-12520

These are very small (under 2"x2") and you could run four of these at one end of your amp and have the air flow straight down the heat sink with 74cfm of total air flow for $4.00 instead of $50.00!!!!!

(also I didnt notice a cfm rating for the CF1)

There are alot of options

I didnt mean too expensive for that model, I meant too expensive for any model...
I'd go with the standard black plastic fan like the ones they also show..

More along the lines of these....

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/58-12520

These are very small (under 2"x2") and you could run four of these at one end of your amp and have the air flow straight down the heat sink with 74cfm of total air flow for $4.00 instead of $50.00!!!!!

(also I didnt notice a cfm rating for the CF1)

There are alot of options
not that many for me heres a rough scetch of the box i will be running single cab pick up

What are you cooling the subs???
Ok now I see

I see 7/8" x 7 1/2"......
i assume u get it but im running V12 amps and ive heard the run hot so i thought id cool them b4 i even try it without but im not sure how that CF1 fan works do i just mount it on top of my box and it will pull air over the amps from the bottom or push from the top or do i need to set the fan down in the cutout i just dont know

...i will tell you right now the fans will drive you nuts i have a 95 ranger and i had fans mounted near the floor and they were annoying as hell and i had a xxx15 to drown them out.

the v12 does run hot but aslong as you dont drive it under its minimum impedance you will be fine. just leave an inch or so above the amp and that will be adequate cooling

i assume u get it but im running V12 amps and ive heard the run hot so i thought id cool them b4 i even try it without but im not sure how that CF1 fan works do i just mount it on top of my box and it will pull air over the amps from the bottom or push from the top or do i need to set the fan down in the cutout i just dont know
See the big silver wheel part, I believe it works just like what they call a squirel cage fan, the wheel will go towards the amp and will look like its flush mounted from the otside of your box. Also if you notice there are no dB or cfm ratings for that fan, with squirel cage fans they use a "case" with a certain size opening to move air, so if your box where your amps go is not enclosed (excluding a small air inlet) that fan will probably do nothing....I believe thats why there is no cfm rating since you can change it due to enclosures intake opening size...

Check this google search and notice the majority of these have some sort of case that encloses the wheel and a similar sized intake as the output...

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=squirrel%20cage%20fan&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.