constant power OFF of viper brain?

Spud2388
10+ year member

"The Spud-n-ator"
I have the viper 350hv and a separate set of strobe lights. WHat I want to know is if there is a wire that, when the alarm is triggered, it puts out a constant 12v. I was hoping to have it turn on my strobes, allowing more attention to be drawn to my car. Does anyone know of such a wire?

After looking on the12volt.com, i found this in the installation manual.

Orange (ground-when-armed output)

This wire supplies a ground as long as the system is armed. the output ceases as soon as the system is disarmed.

that would mean that when the alarm is armed, my strobes would be constantly on. I only want it on when the alarm is triggered.

thats what i was thinking about was using the siren output. does it put out a constant voltage to the siren and the siren makes the different tones, or does the brain send different voltages to the siren, making the different tones?

what type of relay should i use so that whenever i lock/unlock the car and the lights flash, the strobes want turn on for that split second? If there was one that needed to receive voltage for a certain amount of time before it would trigger, that was be great.

Ok, another question. Which led's should i buy to add onto the 350hv? the install manual says they operate on 2v, and any others that are added need to be wired in series. so i would need 2v led's right? Thinking about installing one on each a-pillar shinning across.

well, i spent today installing a backup battery i picked up at walmart (motorcycle battery) as well as hooking up my strobes to my alarm. I used a regular relay off the horn and it works as expected. The strobes come on when the horn sounds, one flicker on lock and two flickers on unlock. They also stay on when the alarm is triggered. So now, if my battery is cut, the alarm and strobes will continue to work. Now i just have to install the glass break sensor and possibly a shock sensor. Not sure if the 350hv comes with one or not.

no i didnt notice the knob on the brain. i'll have to take a look at it tonight. A little update. I ended up using the horn wire which is a constant 12v and running a relay off of it. the strobes work as expected, whenever the horn sounds, they flash. I was a little nervous about locking/unlocking with the horn making a quick cherp, but only two of the strobe light flicker and it kind of looks cool. I'll see if i can get a video or something and post it on here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.