Components - inline capacitor

Participant count
  • Participant list

Patrick050289

CarAudio.com Newbie
UK
Hi guys,
Cut a long story short, some time ago I have added an Alpine SWE-815 subwoofer, deadened the doors and replaced the front speakers with some Pioneer components ( which I suspect were / are fake ).

My system at the moment sounds good enough in the upper range of frequencies, as well as fairly low ones ( sub )... but it just feels like it is missing a lot of the mid bass.

I am hoping that someone here can recommend a decent set of components for approx £100, £150 max, but there is a catch... I need to utilise the existing wiring, therefore the speakers must come with an inbuilt capacitor, as opposed to an external "crossover box" - hope you get what I mean?

The speakers are currently being ran of this, bridged amplifier: https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-juice-car-audio-ja794-b_p-32826.htm
As mentioned before, all over the existing wiring.

Many Thanks

Does your head unit have a built-in equalizer? If yes, have you tried making adjustments to the sound there?
If you find the appropriate speaker, you can purchase and install capacitors in-line. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the replies! :)

The head unit is some kind of a Chinese android type of a thing, but the sounds was pretty good even from the stock speakers before i changed them.

For power I am using a cheapish "Juice" amplifier: https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-juice-car-audio-ja794-b_p-32826.htm
Apparently when bridged ( what I am doing ) it puts out 170RMS, but considering it is a low end amplifier in real life is probably not much more than half of that.

I've even now started to consider speakers with the crossover boxes, otherwise I am left with not many options.

With that in mind can you recommend any component speaker that will fill out that mid range and poduce a decent mid bass?

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.