Cold air intake

Boomin_tahoe
5,000+ posts

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
WA
With many brand names online/in-store, etc was wondering....so who's the best overall if there is any?? My Tahoe already has the K&N one, which the previous owner already had it installed before I bought it. Now I'm thinking my little s10 p/u deserves one. Pricing ranges from 55-250.

So....which to get.....K&N, Volant, some other off brand, ??

With many brand names online/in-store, etc was wondering....so who's the best overall if there is any?? My Tahoe already has the K&N one, which the previous owner already had it installed before I bought it. Now I'm thinking my little s10 p/u deserves one. Pricing ranges from 55-250.

So....which to get.....K&N, Volant, some other off brand, ??
Id get the one that doesn't use oil on the filter...

edit...

HKS all day long

Or Injen

or if you're really ballin... ebay

on the real though, K&N, Injen, HKS, AEM, Megan, Spec-D, etc are all about the same. Not gonna notice a HP increase if that's what you're going for though...

edit...
HKS all day long

Or Injen

or if you're really ballin... ebay

on the real though, K&N, Injen, HKS, AEM, Megan, Spec-D, etc are all about the same. Not gonna notice a HP increase if that's what you're going for though...

That's what they say anyway...unless it's a lie to get you to buy and believe it.

That's what they say anyway...unless it's a lie to get you to buy and believe it.
I still have one because 1) I like the sound and 2) I don't have to worry about replacing the filter.

I bought a cheap one off ebay and replaced the filter with a higher quality k&n filter... I don't notice any difference between the two filters - ebay one had similar quality.

I still have one because 1) I like the sound and 2) I don't have to worry about replacing the filter.
I bought a cheap one off ebay and replaced the filter with a higher quality k&n filter... I don't notice any difference between the two filters - ebay one had similar quality.
I have a BBK on my Saleen and never noticed any hp improvements but it does sound better...

I bought one off ebay because when I put triple alt bracket on stock box wont fit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I would like to have the stock one on it still. But it what I had to do. I actually think its got less horsepower at the bottom end but seem to do better in higher rpms so I dont think you gain power I think it just moves it around some ! But I kinda want to get the K&N to see if its any better.

I bought one off ebay because when I put triple alt bracket on stock box wont fit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I would like to have the stock one on it still. But it what I had to do. I actually think its got less horsepower at the bottom end but seem to do better in higher rpms so I dont think you gain power I think it just moves it around some ! But I kinda want to get the K&N to see if its any better.
I went from regular drop in filter to a k&n drop in filter to a k&n pod filter on my Titan, I noticed a bit of loss in bottom end as well, I really don't like the way it feels when towing but when I get on it to pass people it roars and feels great. Wish I had access to a dyno to see if it really shifted the power or if it's all in my head.

I had a titan and it hauled azz ! pass everything but a gas station lol mine was a raised 4x4 double cab.
I love my Titan

2011 Crew Cab 4x4 Big Tow, it does haul *** for the size of the truck. Got her with 37k miles, still under warranty for $18k

Same weekend got my lady a 2007 Scion TC with 40k Miles for $6500

Both far under KBB and both haven't had a single issue yet... I keep up on my vehicles well though, Royal purple oil, transmission flush, etc. I was pretty happy... they wanted 10k for the TC but I jewed them down to 6500 and they took it (A friend had been talking to this lady, it wasn't even up for sale..she co-signed for her grandaughter who ditched out accross the states so the lady just needed to get rid of it for what she still owed) I didn't expect them to take the 1st offer lol

Titan gets about 14 MPG on a good day lol

I loved mine too! But the repo man liked it more lol Housing market crash hit hard here ! No work no money and no more truck that was back in 2008 and there still not building much in calif ! I got my old 96 truck then and she is still going strong.

Which part of CA are you in chasinbass?

I was there in SD area for vacation a few weeks ago. Drove there from Vegas and saw some construction going on. Guess it depends what area your in that the work is.

Central Calif near Bakersfield Thats where big time building was going on and only place that was building more was vegas back then. Then came the crash a lot of contractors went under - me included, lost everything but everything happens for a reason.

no doubt....eveyrybody was affected in some way....even me hours at work got cut back, literallly 100's of people laid off, the temps there, all 600+ gone in a single day.

no doubt....eveyrybody was affected in some way....even me hours at work got cut back, literallly 100's of people laid off, the temps there, all 600+ gone in a single day.
Ya it was crazy, before that day we couldn't buy enough equipment and vehicles to keep up and then it all fell apart in a week !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.