Cold air intake

Ya it was crazy, before that day we couldn't buy enough equipment and vehicles to keep up and then it all fell apart in a week !
I remember too gas....was as low as 1.60/gal That was awesome.

Yup except even that was too much when you had no money lol and we all had raised up big azz 4x4 s
And I just bought my house in 2008 before all that happened too. i filed for hardship....I'm sure a lot of people did. I fell behind in my payments.

A lot of modern cars are designed with such good stock air boxes that a cai is just for looks or sound. For instance, on my evo a cai won't help at all until you are pushing well over 400 hp. Of course I'll get one because I like the sound lol.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

U want a plastic intake tube. They stay cooler then metal/alumni ones. That's why cheap eBay ones are alum
Heat wrapped aluminum is better than plastic all day. Better aesthetics, cold air, and rigidity. Hence why AEM, Injen... All of the competitive racing brands use lightweight metal. Am I better off with plastic going to my intercooler too for turbo setups?

A lot of modern cars are designed with such good stock air boxes that a cai is just for looks or sound. For instance, on my evo a cai won't help at all until you are pushing well over 400 hp. Of course I'll get one because I like the sound lol.
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I'm nearing 300whp on my Tc and don't really notice a difference yet. Again, besides sound. With that being said... I won't push any more power because it's a fwd car and its not worth it. I got a really good deal on a turbonetics kit and eagle block kit so I went for it. Wish I could afford the Stillen supercharger on my truck but it's ridiculously expensive

No single cai will work best in all vehicles.

As said above alot of the stock air boxes are good enough so just changing the intake tube would make small enhancements.

The brand type and model need to be tested..

On my sierra a k&n does nothing, but my stock airbox with airraid jr actually does get 5-10hp more on stock system

Sent from my ZTE ZMax using Tapatalk

No single cai will work best in all vehicles.
As said above alot of the stock air boxes are good enough so just changing the intake tube would make small enhancements.

The brand type and model need to be tested..

On my sierra a k&n does nothing, but my stock airbox with airraid jr actually does get 5-10hp more on stock system

Sent from my ZTE ZMax using Tapatalk
Maybe 5-10bhp but not whp. I've tested tons of them, just no longer have access to test more. I've never seen 5-10whp increase. Bolt ons rarely give you much more over stock... I've ran no filter at the drags and saw no difference, that was using a drag intake pipe through my headlight hole. Each vehicle is different though, so it's possible to gain something. Just not enough to bother

Maybe 5-10bhp but not whp. I've tested tons of them, just no longer have access to test more. I've never seen 5-10whp increase. Bolt ons rarely give you much more over stock... I've ran no filter at the drags and saw no difference, that was using a drag intake pipe through my headlight hole. Each vehicle is different though, so it's possible to gain something. Just not enough to bother

My SRT10 was 10+ WHP bolt on. Mopar intake. Some cars gain a good bit off Bolt on's

My SRT10 was 10+ WHP bolt on. Mopar intake. Some cars gain a good bit off Bolt on's
Yes, some that can really take advantage of less back pressure. Most stock cars... Don't get quite that much. That's not your typical stock car. I went boosted on my Tc with just 8psi and increased my power by 80whp.. That's much more productive than bolt ons to me. Glad I didn't buy headers and exhaust before I went turbo... Would have wasted my time and money lol

Yes, some that can really take advantage of less back pressure. Most stock cars... Don't get quite that much. That's not your typical stock car. I went boosted on my Tc with just 8psi and increased my power by 80whp.. That's much more productive than bolt ons to me. Glad I didn't buy headers and exhaust before I went turbo... Would have wasted my time and money lol
Yeah true.

No decent "cold air intakes" are made for a s10. (Most labeled as a cai are really ram) I would get a tuner from diablosport if available. You would see actual performance or you could use the gas saver mode.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.