clipping and protection

Participant count
  • Participant list

dustyshot
10+ year member

Ok, I have a question. I have used different amps and they would go into protection even when gain setting was 1/4 or higher. I also got a sony xplod cdx-gt130 deck with loud setting on it, and I got it enabled. Is this loud enabled clipping the amp? should I just disable the "Loud" on deck and up the gain a little bit. With loud on it hits volume 20 and sounds good, but anything above that it sounds like more highs and bass does not change to much. So I think that turning loud off would fix that so when I do go above 20 volume it will increase bass too. The max on this deck is 50 volume. So I think the loud is limiting the volume control on the deck. Em I correct?

Wow, that was a quick reply. That sounds good. I always thought that the loud on the deck would be ok. I guess I was wrong this whole time. I was reading threads in the forum before I asked the question that said the loud feature is just for low volumes. It sounds correct so this thread was for just to double check on that. Thanks for the quick answer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.