Clean power

did you get the DCX 1500??? or the PCX??? i think there is a difference, but i might be mistaken. the PPI will only work at 2 ohms (PCX) and that limits your choices down a bit..

i'd say give the TDX a shot.. i've had good luck w/ my diamond drivers..

Last time he did was when he tryed to commit suicide...too bad it didnt work
owned.jpg

owned.jpg

owned-baby.jpg

owned.jpg

owned.jpg

owned.gif

Perhaps you should go read a **** book, a watt is a watt. Better filters boosts ect doesnt mean **** when it comes down to a watt. You **** fool, use the search and read up on this im sick of typing this up all the time because n00bs like you need to shove there head up there ass all the time. When you can hear the difference between 1000 jl audio watts (filters and all that **** untouched) vs an amp that does the same power from pyramid or lanzar, you let me know so i can hit you over the head with a shovel and tell you again...A WATT IS A FREAKING WATT YOU DOUCHE...
Listen up kid because this is my only post in response to you. I don't ussually respond to posts when the other person presents themselves like a four year old girl who just had a lollipop stolen from her mouth, but I'll do so now to make a point.

A watt is a watt and I said it in my post. And yes filters, boosts etc "don't mean **** when it comes down to a watt", however, they play a role in getting better sound quality. There is no noob here other than you as is obvious from your post. The only way you can't tell a difference between two amps is if you turn all the features off and the gains all the way down. Who the hell does that and why would you want to? If you take a budget amp with poor filter control and pathetic dB boosts and compare it to a system with better functionability and features you'll probably hear a difference in sound quality. You have a very one track mind of following the "watt is a watt" band wagon just because some dumbass wrote up an article on wattage that makes no sense if you know anything about car audio. Yet, millions of little "ICErs" take what little they understood as word from a god and have no idea how to question it or understand it.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif my thread definetly got hijacked...

Listen up kid because this is my only post in response to you. I don't ussually respond to posts when the other person presents themselves like a four year old girl who just had a lollipop stolen from her mouth, but I'll do so now to make a point.
A watt is a watt and I said it in my post. And yes filters, boosts etc "don't mean **** when it comes down to a watt", however, they play a role in getting better sound quality. There is no noob here other than you as is obvious from your post. The only way you can't tell a difference between two amps is if you turn all the features off and the gains all the way down. Who the hell does that and why would you want to? If you take a budget amp with poor filter control and pathetic dB boosts and compare it to a system with better functionability and features you'll probably hear a difference in sound quality. You have a very one track mind of following the "watt is a watt" band wagon just because some dumbass wrote up an article on wattage that makes no sense if you know anything about car audio. Yet, millions of little "ICErs" take what little they understood as word from a god and have no idea how to question it or understand it.
Ill admit i dont know everything but i sure as hell know more then you...thats clearly obvious. I belive richerd clark has a challenge out there and its been out there for quite for few years and noone has won it yet. That challenge was to prove him he could hear the difference between two different amps that produce roughly the same amount of wattage. Now according to your post, you can do that so go ahead and do it, prove me wrong because ill bet my car that you cant. You just proved how close minded, and ignorant you are. Saying that you dont care about some 'dumbass' (that will know more then you in a million years about car audio) Im awaiting your next ignorant post....

Richard Clark would have a field day with you. Amps don't make SQ!

You just like all kids on the street these days with there JL audio amps and Rockford subs...gotta have the best right! Wrong....so tell me sence you know everything, what IS the difference between say, zapco or brax 'watt's vs lets say lanzar whats? Tell me exactly what the difference is....

I don't see why you guys are jumping on this guy, he has said is that a watt is a watt and with that with filters turned off you can't tell the difference between amps - is that something you disagree with?

he has said is that a watt is a watt and with that with filters turned off you can't tell the difference between amps - is that something you disagree with?
this is why there are places out there that sell several-hundred $$$ per meter interconnect cable...there are people who disagree with that, and enough of them to support a thriving business.

Why are Brax/Helix/Tru/Zapco/etc, etc...still sought-after...there are plenty of people out there that don't believe a watt is a watt. Ditto for tube amps. Whether or not they're hearing anything different is irrevelant...what matters is that the market out there supports it.

Personally, I think the user interface of an amp has something to do with it...this is why I stay clear of JBL amps, for example. I mean, they're cheap, and I know a lot of people who have had good luck with them, but I can't stand their user interface. The easy-to-get-to knobs on my PG Tantrums are a whole lot easier.

I used to have an Avionixx 800.2 before I switched. Why did I switch...mostly because of various features, here and there...subsonic filter, improved ergonomics, more impedance flexibility, blah blah...

you pays your money and you takes your chances...

You just like all kids on the street these days with there JL audio amps and Rockford subs...gotta have the best right! Wrong....so tell me sence you know everything, what IS the difference between say, zapco or brax 'watt's vs lets say lanzar whats? Tell me exactly what the difference is....
As long as both amps aren't distorting to where it is audible there is no difference in the wattage. A watt is a unit of measurement. That is something you noobs on the bandwagon know and have said over and over and over again. We all understand this fact. However, higher end amps often come with better filters/boosts which help with tuning your system to receive better results. Along with this they often run cooler and have better reliability. But, there are many reliabel budget amps on the market that will work just fine for most installs. I personally don't see the point in spending $600 on subs and powering them with a Lanzar amp though...

Point I was trying to make is these guys are belittling somebody that has the same views as them.
I know, and thank you. They were belittling me and I was defending myself for whatever reason. Most of the regulars on this site (over 1,000 posts) are just kids who think they know what they're talking about because they've been reading this site for a while and give knee-jerk responses whenever someone says a word. If someone says the word "watt" you get fourteen 12 year old girls cursing and swearing "a watt is a ****ing watt" as if they've added something useful ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.