Clean power

well i just bought the PPI PCX1500 amp, what sub would you guys suggest to match this amp?

I was thinking,

JL 12w7

ID Max 12

Cerwin vega stroker

boston 12.5LF

Which would you guys pick for SQ...

oh you got the ppi.. not a bad amp.. little expensive .. but People say magnums.. but they are 350 bucks a sub.... I still go with my audiobahns //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

There is no "CLEAN SOUNDING AMP"! They don't exist! A watt is a watt!

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42474 - read all of it!
You seem to have a one track mind. A watt is a watt, but a 1000watt amp is not a 1000watt amp. Why do the regulars on here all have the same cheesy lines they repeat over an over again? A clean sounding amp puts out its rated power with low distortion (hopefully below 1%). Many amps on the market can't do that, especially most of the low budget amps. However, there are some out there. Higher end amps often offer better features(filters, boosts, etc) which can enhance your music. Someone coming to a forum asking for help deserves help and not an ignorant response. I know you need to keep your 20 posts a day count up, but perhaps you should try helping people instead of worrying about whose name to add to your signature.

You seem to have a one track mind. A watt is a watt, but a 1000watt amp is not a 1000watt amp. Why do the regulars on here all have the same cheesy lines they repeat over an over again? A clean sounding amp puts out its rated power with low distortion (hopefully below 1%). Many amps on the market can't do that, especially most of the low budget amps. However, there are some out there. Higher end amps often offer better features(filters, boosts, etc) which can enhance your music. Someone coming to a forum asking for help deserves help and not an ignorant response. I know you need to keep your 20 posts a day count up, but perhaps you should try helping people instead of worrying about whose name to add to your signature.
Perhaps you should go read a **** book, a watt is a watt. Better filters boosts ect doesnt mean **** when it comes down to a watt. You **** fool, use the search and read up on this im sick of typing this up all the time because n00bs like you need to shove there head up there ass all the time. When you can hear the difference between 1000 jl audio watts (filters and all that **** untouched) vs an amp that does the same power from pyramid or lanzar, you let me know so i can hit you over the head with a shovel and tell you again...A WATT IS A FREAKING WATT YOU DOUCHE...

A watt is a watt, but a 1000watt amp is not a 1000watt amp.
If they both do the same amount of rated(RMS) power, then yes, they both are a 1000watt amp. If one amp does 400rms and the other does 1000rms, then no and your right.
Why do the regulars on here all have the same cheesy lines they repeat over an over again?
What do you mean? Profile, JBL ect. They do their rated power and are some pretty good amps.
A clean sounding amp puts out its rated power with low distortion (hopefully below 1%). However, there are some out there. Higher end amps often offer better features(filters, boosts, etc) which can enhance your music.
Amps don't change watts and can't affect SQ. A high THD% could affect it, but all in all, a watt is a watt. Amps can't warmth sound. EQ's can, but that doesn't change a watt from any other watt. If you bypass all of the onboard proccessors and eq's, ect.. the watts are all the same. You apprently didn't read that thread.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Someone coming to a forum asking for help deserves help and not an ignorant response.
I was speaking the truth!
I know you need to keep your 20 posts a day count up
I try!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
but perhaps you should try helping people instead of worrying about whose name to add to your signature.
Most of those people deserve to be in it and others ask to be in it! I have helped out several people, when's the last time you did?

I have an idea.....jump naked into a swimming pool full of wolverines.

Your little paragraph here shows a complete lack of maturity on your part. If you were an audiophile at all, you would realize that 1 watt is the same no matter where it comes from. However, the watt can be altered in different ways to adjust the sound. That is where better amps come in..... better amps with cleaner internals will make that watt sound better than something like a Majestic amp. Stop posting now... :thumbsdow

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.