Clarion NX403EV parking brake bypass

Participant count
  • Participant list

S1ngler

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all,
Lately I've purchased VW Tiguan with Clarion NX403EV nav head unit. First thing to know I don't want to watch videos while I'm driving, it is for my kid to watch cartoons while we travel.
My question is how to bypass parking brake and watch videos while vehicle is in motion? I guess that tweak with grounding brake wire won't do the job with this Clarion nav unit.
I've read the user manual but the only wire in the harness that has to do with parking brake is green wire with parking caption on in.
Also I've found MicroBypass interface for brake bypass for Clarions units on ebay/Amazon but they don't ship to my country:mad:
Is there any other DIY solution, maybe soft/firmware tweak to enable vides while vehicle is in motion?

Best regards!

Today I've tested playing videos while vehicle is in motion. Video plays and as soon as vehicle stops whether foot brake or parking brake is depressed or not. Only thing that is important is that vehicle doesn't move. These facts lead me to the conclusion that most probably gyroscope or something about GPS in the nav unit is responsible for videos not playing in motion and foot brake and parking brake probably have nothing to do with playing videos. But on the other hand this MicroBypass interface for brake bypass on ebay/Amazon should have to do with bypassing parking brake. Could someone tell me which parameter is responsible for stopping video in motion gyroscope or parking brake or maybe both?

I've found that some older Clarion nav units (<2010) could be tweaked by simultaneously ground the parking brake and speed sensor wire with some toggle switch. But on my NX403EV unit harness I haven't seen any speed sensor wire. Any idea?

I see you haven't had any luck on here or DIYMA forum. Sorry man I have no clue. I tried searching and found nothing for the Clarions. For my Pioneers I have always just bought the $10 bypass.

Good luck (y)

Thanx anyway! I have tried everywhere and have just found MicroBypass interface for brake bypass on ebay/Amazon with shipping five times more expensive than interface and also my Clarion NX403 is not on the list of supported devices so I'm not sure that it will work eventually. Other shops like AliExpress have bypass for Pioneer head units only. Only way that remains is to find workaround by myself and with help of someone who managed to bypass this thing.

Thanx anyway! I have tried everywhere and have just found MicroBypass interface for brake bypass on ebay/Amazon with shipping five times more expensive than interface and also my Clarion NX403 is not on the list of supported devices so I'm not sure that it will work eventually. Other shops like AliExpress have bypass for Pioneer head units only. Only way that remains is to find workaround by myself and with help of someone who managed to bypass this thing.

Yeah I was seeing the same thing. Nothing specifically for Clarion in terms of a premade bypass and no info on what Clarion needs to trick it.

Exactly. On Pioneer head units when you start the device you have the notification what sequence to do prior to play videos (press brake, parking brake release and etc). On Clarion you don't have any notification except watching video in motion isn't allowed and as soon as vehicle stops whether parking brake, brake or without pressed brake video starts playing. I would say gyro or something else in navigation system detects whether is vehicle in motion or not. But these are all my assumptions. I would preciate if someone knows how it works and how to bypass it.

Hello all,
Lately I've purchased VW Tiguan with Clarion NX403EV nav head unit. First thing to know I don't want to watch videos while I'm driving, it is for my kid to watch cartoons while we travel.
My question is how to bypass parking brake and watch videos while vehicle is in motion? I guess that tweak with grounding brake wire won't do the job with this Clarion nav unit.
I've read the user manual but the only wire in the harness that has to do with parking brake is green wire with parking caption on in.
Also I've found MicroBypass interface for brake bypass for Clarions units on ebay/Amazon but they don't ship to my country:mad:
Is there any other DIY solution, maybe soft/firmware tweak to enable vides while vehicle is in motion?

Best regards!
Have you considered something like this? https://www.autopumpkin.com/product...vsfRQkMzVTBmDwp6TCm9g7O5hFCggn3AaAgMtEALw_wcB

You wouldn't have to bother with your OEM wiring.

Today I've tested playing videos while vehicle is in motion. Video plays and as soon as vehicle stops whether foot brake or parking brake is depressed or not. Only thing that is important is that vehicle doesn't move. These facts lead me to the conclusion that most probably gyroscope or something about GPS in the nav unit is responsible for videos not playing in motion and foot brake and parking brake probably have nothing to do with playing videos. But on the other hand this MicroBypass interface for brake bypass on ebay/Amazon should have to do with bypassing parking brake. Could someone tell me which parameter is responsible for stopping video in motion gyroscope or parking brake or maybe both? and the best jeep led headlights are available here.
I am rwally thankful to you for these awesome suggestions.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...