Clarion HU RDB365D

mavihs
10+ year member

UK
My friend was listening to the HU, when a good song came on and he turned up the volume loud and the deck fizzed out..smoke came out and now it powers on but none of the buttons work. We pulled the HU out and he gave it to me, and if I can fix it...I have a free HU! Any suggestions? I tried changing the fuse between the power source (the fuse on the wire) it didnt help though. Anyone know what it could be?

Thx

Sawsa69@yahoo.com

If it helps it looks like this

RDB365D.jpg

It started smoking, lol, wish I couldve seen that lol...- probably blew something REALLY important //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif;)

I opened it up and found a burnt trace. I fixed this trace but it didnt help. There is probably something I cant see that is wrong. I guess the universal fix is to buy one and return the old //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You can do a few things with it. You can use it as a really ugly paper weight that smells like a car fire, throw it away, or (my personal favorite) take it apart and try to sell the parts on E-bay. Tell 'em its a superconductor or something. Any way you look at it, I say you have a worthless head unit. You can send it back to Clarion and request that they fix it. It won't be cheap either. I'd just get a new one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.