chevy 2500 std cab amp mounting

cdr
10+ year member

AZ
Have finally finished my amp install on my chevy 2500 standard cab now I am just looking to mount the amp behind the drivers seat. Back of the cab is sheet metal with two levels if you know what I mean, space between two levels is about 3inches and the depts of the sunken in level is about half an inch. My plan was to mount the amp on plywood along with crossovers and some other stuffand then epoxy anchors to the back of the cab with 3in bolt sticking out the plywood with amp would then be spaced off the carpet with half inch spacers or so and then secured with clamping knobs. I like this idea, but the question is how do I anchor my bolts in without going through any metal so what surface do I sink bolts into and then epoxy to the back of the cab? I have 1in x 8in metal strips but I dont know how secure that will be when epoxied to the cab.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

In my honest opinion, adhesives in general will fail. With a rigid truck susp. and the hot/cold cycles of the season there's no chance of that mount surviving. If you insist on mounting the amp and accessories behind seat I suggest getting 2 steel straps about 18-24" long and of suitable thickness and bending 90'. That way you could "hide" straps behind carpet and drill & bolt them to the floor. Also at the top you could drill the straps to accomodate the bolts that will hold the board. Use thin nuts to secure bolts to straps and bore a recess into the back of the board for a truly stealth mounting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.