check this out

audiocraze
10+ year member

camden,nj
ok so i just got my very big law suit and i went crazy buying audio stuff. i just gave my $800 dollar system away.and check out what i just order in my local audio store:

1. h/u: pioneer dex-9 competition cd player

2. amps: (4) lightning audio s1.1000d mono subwoofer amp/ (2)memphis mb17 6 channel amp.

3. (4) lightning audio lsdmis storm 1.5 farad capacitor

4. (8) 10'' diamond audio md 10.4 subwoffers (first time i ever heard of them)

5. (12) focal 6x9

6. pioneer deq-9200 equalize

all of this is going into a 1998 grand cherokee. would you think ill do good in spl or sq. and how much db do you think ill hit. also i know you could parallel svc subwoofers, but can you do the same to 6x9. i want to know before i try it because they are very expensive. i got everything for almost $4000.

well, first off, that's fricken nuts! What Diamond Subs are they? you said "md" but that's wack. There's macdaddys, m6, m5, m3....

It will def. have some nice sq! Please post some pics

You just bought your self one hell of a spl system or one shitty sq, the way you look at it is up to you. I'm not bashing you bro. i dig the system, way to go. it's that i would have done a lot different for SQ.

I haven't heard a whole lot about the MTX RFL15 comp sub, but what I have heard is hasn't been very good...something about the voice coil not being big enough or something...I don't know much about the situation, I don't follow SPL woofers much.

Keep it loud!

JELLYDIME

Originally posted by audiocraze i was just thinking about not getting the mack daddys and just get (3) 15'' mtx RFL. WHAT DO YOU THINK SHOULD I DO IT.
No, you shouldn't. They are a burp only woofer (until MTX releases the newer version of it) They will be useless for Daily Driving.

Originally posted by Mark_ab I say Nay. I've heard those MTX aren't all that great.
You've heard wrong. The RFL is a highly capable woofer, when used for what its designed for, SPL only. It cannot sustain itself when street beaten, and its not gonna be effective in a low tuned SPL install either. Its designed for use with a 55-70 hz tone, in high power DB drag type installs. My buddy Ben Sams has had very good results with RFL's, and they will run with any woofer out...

Loyd L.

Originally posted by bigbassman  

No, you shouldn't. They are a burp only woofer (until MTX releases the newer version of it) They will be useless for Daily Driving.

You've heard wrong. The RFL is a highly capable woofer, when used for what its designed for, SPL only. It cannot sustain itself when street beaten, and its not gonna be effective in a low tuned SPL install either. Its designed for use with a 55-70 hz tone, in high power DB drag type installs. My buddy Ben Sams has had very good results with RFL's, and they will run with any woofer out...

Loyd L.
yep! rfl's aren't for everyday use,for "music" they ****! like bigbassman said above, in a the right enclosure(big!) and tuned around 50hz, they should compete wwith anybody. the new rfl's are supposed to be for everyday use. the new rfl amps are also coming out and will make the 81000d seem like a baby!

stick with those macdaddys! Those things are crazy. And what are these people saying about shitty SQ? MacDaddys have awesome SQ!!!

Give those things plenty of power in sealed box and they'll be TIGHT.

ha ha ha ha! Yeah your subs will bump, your hearing will fade, and your system will sound like crap(from a SQ stand point). Unless you're having a team of pro intallers install all of your equipment, your timing will be off, speakers will be out of phase, the chance for canclation will increase, you might kill the electrical system(i'm sure you got that covered), you'll have no center, and i'm sure you'll break a few windows //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I said what i said, bc if you wanted an sq setup, you would be telling me how you have 8" woofers in the kicks, 5"-6" mids in the doors with some tweets(flush mounted), maybe a pair of tweets in the sails of the doors with a 8 ohm resistor in parrallel, a single 10" or 12" woofer, an amazing h.u. 30band eq, time and phaze adjustment equipment, a cap or two, some high quality amplifiers that put out clean power, and the name of the installer that did it. Not only that, but your stage height would be at eye level, the depth would be far, the stage width would extend passed the doors, and you would have very little to no rear stage. That's just my opion on what a good sq setup would consist of, i'm sorry if i left any components out.

lata:crazy:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.