Cheapest route for six 15" subs for SPL

gucci_soldier
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
VA
Hi guys, its been a while for me and I kind of got out of subwoofers. I received a call from a friend who asked me what subs do I recommend for SPL with a budget of $1300 ??? The last subs I owned were the LMS Ultras 15s but of course those are well out of his budget. Can you guys help out ???? Is it even possible with this budget ?

He has two amps roughly 2400 @ 1ohms a piece.

THanks guys!

Thanks for all the quick replies. I forgot to mention that he already has an enclosure built for six 15"s tuned to 36 HZ

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

i can sell him 6 xfl 15's for 1300 shipped new .1000 = rms each
I will let him know, shoot me your contact info.

Thanks for all the quick replies. I forgot to mention that he already has an enclosure built for six 15"s tuned to 36 HZ 

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

I will let him know, shoot me your contact info.
pm'ed

Hi guys, its been a while for me and I kind of got out of subwoofers. I received a call from a friend who asked me what subs do I recommend for SPL with a budget of $1300 ??? The last subs I owned were the LMS Ultras 15s but of course those are well out of his budget. Can you guys help out ???? Is it even possible with this budget ?
He has two amps roughly 2400 @ 1ohms a piece.

THanks guys!

Parts Express: the #1 source for audio, video & speaker building components

Daytons or any other decent brand that take 600RMS each. That would be my choice.

4800w for 6 subs would yield 800w RMS a piece. Unless you're factoring in the possibility of the amps not putting out 2400RMS or the subs taking much more than 600RMS each, like the SA's or all of the other popular woofers out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gucci_soldier

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
gucci_soldier
VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date