Cheapest H/U

That wouldn't be cheap considering the price of the ip-bus for aux in + connections for ipod.

Check out my clarion DXZ835mp in the car audio classifieds. Or go to crutchfield and get a new one. For the money its the best h/u with aux input at $199 from crutchfield. I'm selling mine for $150 shipped. It has 3 preouts, one of them a mono for teh sub. All 4.5v and also has aux input so all u gotta do is plug an RCA to mini stereo jack to the ipod headphone output. Has sub volume control button on the face too which comes in handy. I can't live without that feature now. kungfoojesus@lycos.com if u interested. or http://www.crutchfield.com for new one

If you really want something cool for your ipod check out the ipod alpine. It controls the ipods functions on the face of the deck so you don't have to push buttons on your ipod. However that's not cheap =)

edit: On a side note, the belkin car adapter/amplifier for $40 has a far superior amp in it to the headphone jack amp inside the ipod. Sad, but true. The only problems you will run into with the belkin unit is a ground loop!!!! GRRRR However, ipodlounge.com has several threads on how to hard wire a belkin unit to resolve the hissing ground loop problem. Its only a problem in some vehicles though. The belkin unit still uses a mini jack to y splitter RCA's cable.

I've seen a couple Aiwa decks for about $80 with an aux input. Or maybe you could pick up a sony. Keep in mind, you're not getting a great product with these options. Not to mention that Aiwa is low-end sony...

he asked for the cheapest solution... I never said it was quality, but it is probably the cheapest one out there. Definitely not my recommendation. I personally love alpine's solution.

Blaupunkt Montreal CD34. About $140 brand new. Has 1 volt preout, line input, CD®. The only thing I couldn't comment on is the durability. Used it for a few days and then gave it to a GF. I personally really liked it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.