cheap deck

Participant count
  • Participant list
yeah I'd try that JVC if I was him..
I had the neighbor kid across the street help me put his system in his 2000 Eclipse(had him pull his door panels in case they split on me and he wanted to learn), and he had a pioneer entry level from W-Mart. 2,5v?I believe  2 sets rca.. Just didnt have many settings nor features,, I ended up adding a pre-amp EQ I had sitting( Earthquake 7000 I believe) It helped out for the time being.We put an XFL DVC2 ohm 12 in 2.0 @32 htz on a PPI-1k  and put a set of Polk DB 6,5s in there on the PPI 600.2 and he later wanted just a little more highs up front so we put a set of Kicker KS 20 tweets about mid door height on an old Concord 20.2 sounds pretty good .Found a JVC of which had JVC/Kenwood sticker on back.. we put that in later and he really enjoys it better.Nice HU for what he paid for it..It was just under $100 bucks

I had the neighbor kid across the street help me put his system in his 2000 Eclipse(had him pull his door panels in case they split on me and he wanted to learn), and he had a pioneer entry level from W-Mart. 2,5v?I believe  2 sets rca.. Just didnt have many settings nor features,, I ended up adding a pre-amp EQ I had sitting( Earthquake 7000 I believe) It helped out for the time being.We put an XFL DVC2 ohm 12 in 2.0 @32 htz on a PPI-1k  and put a set of Polk DB 6,5s in there on the PPI 600.2 and he later wanted just a little more highs up front so we put a set of Kicker KS 20 tweets about mid door height on an old Concord 20.2 sounds pretty good .Found a JVC of which had JVC/Kenwood sticker on back.. we put that in later and he really enjoys it better.Nice HU for what he paid for it..It was just under $100 bucks
kinda sounds similar to what I got into last summer with my step son. Idk how it happened but I ended up doing all the work but since he wasn't putting much effort in it I just did one step at a time. Took a few weeks lol I'd work on it 1 day a week and not all day.Got to find out how much sound damping helps factory speakers. Alpine 163 rf prime 600.5 peerless soft dooms Dayton 6" reference type s 12 2.56 @ 34hz. He loves it.  

kinda sounds similar to what I got into last summer with my step son. Idk how it happened but I ended up doing all the work but since he wasn't putting much effort in it I just did one step at a time. Took a few weeks lol I'd work on it 1 day a week and not all day.Got to find out how much sound damping helps factory speakers. Alpine 163 rf prime 600.5 peerless soft dooms Dayton 6" reference type s 12 2.56 @ 34hz. He loves it.  
I let him do the Big 3 while I supervised on that car.LOL That was a PITA. he got in there and was excited about it.Which I like..That way he knows his system and knows how everything is done.Took a couple days of tuning though.. then later on another couple days..LOL. Ill bet that sounds pretty amazing..Ive always wanted to run those tweets. Ive ran a set of those Dayton mids. got prep the doors for those to shine well.Very Nice set up for sure.

I let him do the Big 3 while I supervised on that car.LOL That was a PITA. he got in there and was excited about it.Which I like..That way he knows his system and knows how everything is done.Took a couple days of tuning though.. then later on another couple days..LOL. Ill bet that sounds pretty amazing..Ive always wanted to run those tweets. Ive ran a set of those Dayton mids. got prep the doors for those to shine well.Very Nice set up for sure.
i wouldn't mind having one of those xfl12s I like how they model up anyway

man I was impressed with the mids they're the aluminum cone ones.  He's door is sealed off I even  treated the inside plastic door panels he's doors are probably a few pounds heavier. 

i like my kw hu. that jvc looked like it would be a good one for his boy. I always liked the  alpine single dins I've had. Seems like the latest models come up a little short I'd like to see a 3 way.  The only ones with a 3 way have been out for a couple of years. Never had an eclipse but know people loved them.
I hadn't had a pioneer since the 90s I got chuckle when I looked at the ones he posted and seen they still call it supertuner.
i had 2 Eclipse 55430s back in the day and i was enamored with them. Great decks, never skipped and 5v preouts. I am very sure that he wont ever use a disc in the car, so i think we are good with a deck without the optical drive. 

transferred all my cd’s to a 64bit usb and the search
64 gig, not bit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.