cheap clamp dmm

Participant count
  • Participant list
If you wanna do any testing and have it be anywhere near reliable do yourself a favor and get a good meter. Something in the 50-100 range will give you a much more accurate meter that's easier to use and has more features. For clamping amps you want a meter that has a fast update on the reading. Cheaper meters have a very slow update rate.

ok give use a recommendation ?? i have no clue. if what i have will not work right them what will ?

link ?

i can look them up all day but i have no clue whats what.....

ok give use a recommendation ?? i have no clue. if what i have will not work right them what will ?
link ?

i can look them up all day but i have no clue whats what.....
Fluke clamp meter for $80

http://www.amazon.com/Fluke-323-True-RMS-Clamp-Meter/dp/B00AQKIEXY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407608399&sr=8-2&keywords=clamp+meter

Auto ranging dmm (you dont have to specify what the voltage range is, it figures it out for you)

http://www.amazon.com/Mastech-MS8268-Digital-Manual-Multimeter/dp/B0050LVFS0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407608444&sr=8-1&keywords=digital+multi+meter

Those two together will go for just about $100 if you have amazon prime. In order to clamp an amp you need both a dmm and a clamp meter to test the voltage and current at the same time (not to mention a dmm provides many more features)

thanks very much. well i have a good ddm so ill just get that clamp meter. as i pick up that hf clamp figure well it should be good.

well i did not figure the rate of it.

so thanks very much.

not gonna pay that much for something I' am gonna use a couple of times at the most. I' am just looking to get in the ballpark with the gain and the clamp one wasn't much more figured It would at least give me an idea. Might get the dmm though.

ya thats why i got that hf clamp. it looks good but have not used it to clamp yet. im still going to use it to see how it does.

but im still going to buy that fluke clamp. and im going to compare them and see how much better it is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.