Cheap 6x8's fro Ford truck?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Frankensuby
10+ year member

I'm in Ur F0rumZ
PA
Pretty straight forward. Little brother has a Ford F-250 with a set of blown 6x8's. Was thinking of getting him a set of 6x8's on the lower end of the scale. Since it will be off deck power (probably 10-15 RMS at best) I don't need to get high end speakers or components.

Can I take a gamble with lower end stuff like Pyle, Boss, etc? Any of the lower brands show promise or good sound for low dollar?

EDIT: I spelled 'for' wrong in the title //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

It aint worth keeping pix around for a facepalm anymore.

Why cheap out on your family man. You could spend less than $200 and get him a decent amp and decent set of speakers. It is close to christmas, help him out.

The reason being that he doesn't want that and he has expressed that to me. He justs wants some speakers replaced. Trust me, I wanted to get a nice 4 channel and wire it into his truck but he said he was fine with the stockers until they blew. He has been in my car and knows what a proper setup sounds like, he just says it isn't for him.

As such, it doesn't make sense to get him some higher end speakers because usually they have a much higher RMS than is necessary, and don't respond well until amped. Lower line of most brands have an RMS max of 25-50 and usually a sensitivity of 90dB or more. I was thinking along the lines of this Newegg.com - Kicker 07DS680 6" x 8" 70 Watts Peak Power 2-way Car Speaker as a replacement. Another option is a Type-S which responds amazingly well to deck power with respectable frequency response for what they are.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.