Chassis grounds vs gounding batteries together

Food for thought:

I was at a show ealier this year. I was having some wierd charging problems. My front battery was reading 14.4 charging. I have 1 run of POS and 1 run of NEG back to the rear bank of 5 NSB 125's. The nsb's were only charging at like 12.8.

I went over everything, unhooked all the batteries and could still not figure out why my back bank of batteries was so low. We put a ground to the seat belt bolt (not the GREATEST ground, but better then nothing) and BAM charging at 14.4 at the rear bank

I swapped the power and ground thinking i just had a bad connection, and have the same results. I had a few SPL guys help me, and after a few hours of testing, we tryed the rear ground and everything worked fine from there on out

Well I think it is more of a "noise" issue. A few people have argued that front run gives better ground. But it is only grounded to the frame with small wire. I personally like going strait to the frame in the rear. I am pretty sure scottie johnson does the same thing. Last time I checked he was running over 200,000 watts for a burp.

Well I think it is more of a "noise" issue. A few people have argued that front run gives better ground. But it is only grounded to the frame with small wire. I personally like going strait to the frame in the rear. I am pretty sure scottie johnson does the same thing. Last time I checked he was running over 200,000 watts for a burp.
lot of db drag vehicles ground it both ways at the same time......a street a car can have 16++ runs of 0 ga..........

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.