change battery car wont start

dumple
5,000+ posts

What's in your trunk?
Philly
so at work we changed a battery on car with a viper alarm system, now it wont start... trying to figure out if the alarms have a reset procedure or if it has a starter kill that is able to be turned off or something ...

And you work on cars where??

But seriously, it's ignition on, press valet button once, and alarm should shut off, then turn the ignition off.

The valet button may need to be pressed one, two or three times depending on how the installer set it.

You should try this first you start the car and give accelerate for 3 to 5 times gently then put 1st gear and slowly realize accelerator. and if your battery is stacking then go to the mechanic..

You should try this first you start the car and give accelerate for 3 to 5 times gently then put 1st gear and slowly realize accelerator. and if your battery is stacking then go to the mechanic..
What?

the valet switch is a programming feature with the car alarm . that is if it even has one , i know my viper has none and mine was programmed by a bitwriter

If it is a Viper 350hv, the installer could have wired your starter kill for normally open which would make it impossible to start your car without disarming from transmitter or manual override. Do you know what model it is? Do you still have the transmitter? If so, did you try pressing disarm on the transmitter? If it is an old school Viper 160xv or other DEI equivilant the factory default programming is "security features on" so if you hear a relay clicking under the dash you know that the feature wasn't changed upon install. In that case you can get under the dash and unplug the 15a fuse for the remote start brain.

I'll need more details to help further though.

If it is a Viper 350hv, the installer could have wired your starter kill for normally open which would make it impossible to start your car without disarming from transmitter or manual override. Do you know what model it is? Do you still have the transmitter? If so, did you try pressing disarm on the transmitter? If it is an old school Viper 160xv or other DEI equivilant the factory default programming is "security features on" so if you hear a relay clicking under the dash you know that the feature wasn't changed upon install. In that case you can get under the dash and unplug the 15a fuse for the remote start brain.
I'll need more details to help further though.
man this thread was started a month ago, I really hope that they got the guys car started by now! the only reason this came back up is due to what looks to be a spammer!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.