CDT Tweeters- are the hards better than the softs?

RFmustang
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MI
I have the EF-61CF's with the soft dome tweeters and i was thinking about getting and imaging enhancement set when i saw

CDT:New engineering break through for metal domes:

cdt audio news:

“the metal dome – done right – is the optimal choice for practical automotive sound systems. the small size, flat energy response, moderate cost and good power handling offers the best balance of parameters. until recently metal dome types have had a somewhat hot (sometimes when cranked up) harsh sound due to response variations right at the very top of the response end. these deviations have recently been engineered out of the response by cdt audio engineers to a sufficient extent to put the best metal domes ahead of the soft dome.”
if so would i be better off just getting a set of new hard dome tweeters?

Yep, those imaging tweeters will be very harsh and are more of a super tweeter. I love the way my 1" silk CDT's sound. Don't get anything harsher.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.