CDT QES-1220's Brand New SQL

Participant count
  • Participant list

wanderer1

CarAudio.com Elite
Laughlin
Item(s) for Sale: 3 brand new CDT QES-1220 dual 2 ohm, never powered, only mounted

Item(s) Description/Condition: From CDT site-All while doing so within an acoustic suspension enclosure that won’t waste the consumers valuable trunk space. Their depth, rugged, non-ferrous cast baskets are coupled with a suspension system which allows the cone and voice coil assembly to move as an exact analog of the electrical signal, while at the same time controlling the limits of excursion and eliminating extraneous motion. Real butyl rubber, though more expensive than conventional materials, has been chosen for the outer surround; it provides far superior control, longer life and excellent damping of the cone edge, and even lowers distortion at the limits of excursion. Superior-pole vented motor structures propel sturdy 2.5” aluminum voice coils for rapid heat dissipation, eliminating the possibility of dynamic compression and lowering of output.

A magnetic system utilizing an aluminum shorting ring above the pole piece lowers modulation distortion to new lows. Corrosion resistant gold 5-way binding posts compliment these mechanical marvels.

By placing subwoofers of this quality in enclosures not much larger than the shipping cartons they come in (as small as .2 cubic feet for the 8” and .45 cubic feet for the 10”) the effective resonance point is raised and the subwoofer performs as if it were in an enclosure many times its size. The advantages of acoustic suspension design are well known: The bass response is free of any boominess or sloppyness and is deeper and tighter by far more than produced by any other subwoofer system. In addition, the slower rate of roll-off below the system resonance point provides superior deep bass output, while producing the fastest, most accurate reproduction of musical impulses.

The air held in the box acts as a permanent, unchanging spring that together with the driver’s unvarying moving mass, determines the bass response characteristics of the subwoofer system. This method is far superior to designs that must depend on the subwoofers mechanical suspension spring tension, which constantly changes with time and use, and therefore changes the response of the subwoofer.

By taking the natural sound, mature approach and designing for tight, clean, musically oriented bass, the subwoofer is proof positive that bass in the car doesn’t have to be loud, boomy, and sloppy. Frequency response 10Hz-400Hz

•Power handling: 500WRMS (1000Watt Pk).

•Impedance 2.3 Ohm

•Sensitivity: 87.6dB

•Mounting depth: 6.22”

•Cutout diameter:11.0”

•Cast frame: OD 12.28”

•Cone: Carbon Fiberglass Cloth

•Magnet weight: 140 Oz stacked

•Cone surround: NB rubber

•Impedance: 4Ohm

•Voice coil: 2.66” (66mm)

•Peak X-max:25mm

•Fs: 31.45Hz

Brand New

Price: $250 each (didn't get them on sale so %50 loss) all 3 for $700

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:We can work it out, I tossed the boxes, weigh over 25 lbs

Item Pictures: Mounted

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.