CDT M6 vs. M6+

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tips
10+ year member

Plano
What is the main difference between these speakers and how is the tone of the speakers different? Is it worth the upgrade for the M6+?

My doors will be sealed and deadened, the speakers run active off a kicker zx450.2, I'm looking for tight midbass response with very good sq.

I asked a CDT rep the same question. He basically said gthe M6 is louder, but the M6+ will play lower freq. (like sub 80hz) better.

If you have subs, I would suggest the M6. Keep in mind I have not heard either, but I am planning on getting a pair of M6's soon

m6+ is for 100% sealed pods in doors, if your putting them in your doors, they wont be 100% sealed. id run m6 in that situation since the m6 can play ib but the m6+ isnt designed for ib.

Mike-

Yes, I will be running subs, in that case, I guess I will go with the M6. Thanks for the quick responses.

One quick question though, is there a better/cheaper mid range driver that you would recommend over the M6? More specifically any cheaper raw drivers that can compete with the cdt m6?

is this a dedicated midbass or complete 2 way mid that isnt solely for midbass?

If your going for a 2 way, then you have lots of good midbass / midrange drivers.

seas L18, scanspeak revs, peerless Exclusives, adire kodas and extremi's, dynaudio drivers are another good option.

Mike-

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.