CDT M6 vs ES-06+

Well the competitor to that would be the M6+. The + models really are more like a woofer than a midbass driver.IMO Yes the + models will play down that low. If you plan on using these in your doors for optimal use they need an enclosure. CDT recommends use in a sealed enclosure also. I would run the ES-06 or HD-M6 if I was going to use these as midbass in the doors or kicks.IMO

Everyone I have talked to that has used any that I listed above have said they worked optimal in an enclosure and there was a huge difference with running them IB and running the in an enclosure.

Optimal and recommended enclosure size for the + models is .2 cu. ft. sealed and the 06/M6 recommended is .5 cu. ft. and vented is .35 cu. ft. after driver and port displacement tuned to 40hz with flared port.

I have the M6 but not installed yet.

the M6 can play down that low if using a pod or a well deadened door. Does better in the pod. The + drivers can be used in doors but do much better in pods. Their depth may scare you off. I like the M6 in a 3way setup and the + drivers in applications similar to what you would use the JL6W0 or ES-700 in.

It's pretty sweet they can play down that low. But i guess the question comes: is the price tag worth it to use them over something like the TB 6.5" for a sub stage?

i've got a set of m6+'s brand new if you want em. bought em for home audio use, then plans changed.

anyways, ive got m6's and they're good, but frankly they dont extend low enough for me for my use...im subless right now. i dont listen to rap or anything like that, just country.

I have the es-06. Been running one in my passenger side door & one Seas L18 in my driver's side for a few months now still trying to compare. The only conclusion I've come to is that both seem to perform well, and that my doors need more work.

I've got to make a decision sometime soon though. I need some of my $ back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.