lrgnation
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
teh yay
Can someone give me some input on the cdt speaker kit

it has the hd-4's 4"

drt-25 tweeters

and the hd-6 6.5"

I have been talking to alteraudiousa, and great guy just looking for others input as well.

Also what about adding in the 1 pr DRT-26 1" Modular UpStage Image tweeter.

This is for a 2006 mustang. the speaker locations will be stock i cant create kick panels because of the clutch pedal is entirely to close to the side. But i was thinking of adding the other tweets in the a pillars for better imaging i hear?

thanks,

kevin

Personally i would custom order the set with the m6 midbass, hd-4 mids, drt26 tweeters and 300cc xovers. It would cost a little more than the standard hd setup but u will get a better midbass driver, tweeters, and xovers.

Okay yeah i was looking into the m6, hd-4 mids and drt26's as farther pressed on. I was looking at upstaging kits and running the hex-5000 crossovers. As pricey it might get i was wondering what benefits I would be able to have.

I heard the ES642, next step up from the HD and they sounded incredible. probably the best sound i have ever heard in a car. Go with the ES 3 way set.

I prefer the M6 for midbass rather than the ES-600. Is much punchier in the 100-200hz range. Right now in my car I have it crossed over at 80hz@6db slope and at 250hz@12db slope for daily listening and then for really high volumes its 100hz@12db slope(sometimes its 80hz@18db slope but depends on music) and 200hz@12db slope. Also a suggestion which i failed to mention in the PM is running the M6 active and the HD-4 and tweeter as a regular 2way, but that does require another amp and all. You'll definitely need a spacer made for the M6.

In a 3 way setup the m6 is ideal as it only plays a max upto 300hz, The es-600 would be a waste of cash imo as it will just be used for midbass duty which the m6 is better at. You can shave off an easy 100+ and get better midbass results from the m6. My setup i have the midbass drivers run active as it is a bit easier to get higher output from them being amped seperate and not having a passive to go through ( My drivers are also very different and more power hungry then the m6's but i have used both and either way you benifit this way). If active isnt an option just feed as much power as you can. The hd-4 is a solid driver but the es-400 is better if you prefer a smoother sound. Remember you can order the set anyway you please so dont jump into a setup right away. Think of what your really after and get what best suites your needs and budget.

I have lots of time to make sure i get these right, thanks for the help so far guys.

I really like the m6 drivers, and the hex6000 crossover. Im wondering what tweeters to run drt26 in aluminum,silk, titanium? and which 4" would be better the hd-4 or es400? Also what upstaging tweeters? or should I downsize and not do upstages.

If running the m6's active what are the exact benefits? Let it be known I dont have an amp yet for the speakers so anyone can be applied. If i run a 4 channel amp do i run 2 channels to the hex6000 which go to the upstage, door tweeters, and hd-4/es400. And then i would run the other 2 channels to the m6's?

thanks,

kevin

I also like to listen to a lot of rap music mostly, and loud and clear, matching up with some loud subs from the rear I would like to have a front stage that can keep up.

I need help on choosing which crossovers to run and how to wire them if im running something different then the hex6000.

Im wondering what tweeters to run drt26 in aluminum,silk, titanium? and which 4" would be better the hd-4 or es400? Also what upstaging tweeters? or should I downsize and not do upstages.

Personally I would never opt for a metal tweeter over a silk one. Silk is much more smooth, and at the high spl levels you want I would think the metal domes would get prety harsh, just my opinion though, a lot of people like metal domes.

Personally I would never opt for a metal tweeter over a silk one. Silk is much more smooth, and at the high spl levels you want I would think the metal domes would get prety harsh, just my opinion though, a lot of people like metal domes.
I was kinda leaning to towards the silk, I was just unsure which to use.

What is different about the DRT-26's? If they will hold up better or something I am interested in them after trashing several TW-25's. I can vouch that the M-6's really wake things up! Nice increase over the HD-52's.

DRT-26 are modular meaning you can change out the tweeter for a different material one, they also have a slightly deeper frequency range, i've crossed mine at about 1.5khz and showed no signs of problems. If you only want a silk tweeter go for the DRT-25 which is a non modular silk version of the DRT-26.

DRT-26 are modular meaning you can change out the tweeter for a different material one, they also have a slightly deeper frequency range, i've crossed mine at about 1.5khz and showed no signs of problems. If you only want a silk tweeter go for the DRT-25 which is a non modular silk version of the DRT-26.
Does that mean they will handle more or take more abuse? Will they fit in the same opening as a TW-25? If so how much do they run?

Clarify me here.

I want to get the hex6000, to run the upstage tweets (drt26?) and the hd-4 mids, and door tweets (drt26 silk?) and then get an active crossover (which one) to run the m6.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.