CDT CL-61a's from ZEB

B_Master_Flash
10+ year member

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I just installed these in my car being powered off a HiFonics Hawk amp (2x90@2ohm) and I am very impressed. My car already had the JBL upgrade which sounded great for stock speakers, mostly I just wanted it to get louder so i wanted to increase the power handling and get an external amp. Being CDTs cheapest line I didn't expect much of an increase in SQ over the JBL, but OMG I am amazed how much clearer everything and how much louder it gets w/o any distortion. They actually sound better than my friends set of utopias in his Tahoe (his are run off of deck power, yes that's right, he's an idiot and won't take advice from me). If anyone needs components and has $150 to blow, I ORDER you to buy these speakers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

great to hear. I can't wait to install my CDTs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif You got me more excited.

I just installed these in my car being powered off a HiFonics Hawk amp (2x90@2ohm) and I am very impressed. My car already had the JBL upgrade which sounded great for stock speakers, mostly I just wanted it to get louder so i wanted to increase the power handling and get an external amp. Being CDTs cheapest line I didn't expect much of an increase in SQ over the JBL, but OMG I am amazed how much clearer everything and how much louder it gets w/o any distortion. They actually sound better than my friends set of utopias in his Tahoe (his are run off of deck power, yes that's right, he's an idiot and won't take advice from me). If anyone needs components and has $150 to blow, I ORDER you to buy these speakers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif
Hey.. I just ordered some yesterday.. (been waiting for weeks for them to have them back in-stock) do they actually have a mis-colored back?.. thanks.. can't wait to install mines..

I honestly can't really notice a difference between the two sets. Two of my friends have the CL-61a's and I have the CL-61's ... no difference in aesthetics really - look pretty nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

- Steve

It's only the red paint on the back. They're perfectly fine, just a couple shades off of what CDT originally wanted.

Once you see them you'll think to yourself ... "What discoloration?"

P1000603.JPG

- Steve

I have my CDT 61's at home in the shipping box from the zeb. Glad to hear they sound so good. Mine will be replacing stock 6.5's and tweets in a 1996 honda civic EX and will be run off a Fosgate amp with a Alpine HU.

I'm going to have them professionally installed as I do not have the time and tools to do so.

I hope they fit in the doors of my civic, I'm going to cry if they dont

i am very close to ordering these speakers, is this the best buy at the time?

what about the kicker rs60's?

If they don't fit ... a simple MDF spacer ring would be a simple fix.
- Steve
Unless the spacer needed to to clear the window is to thick to allow the door panel to sit right. The CLs are almost 3 inches in depth.

Unless the spacer needed to to clear the window is to thick to allow the door panel to sit right. The CLs are almost 3 inches in depth.
There actually 2.625" with the rubber cover removed from the magnet.

I need about a 1-inch spacer for mine to go in the door. That's because I sure is hell ain't finna cut my door up to make the factory-4x6 hole bigger. Otherwise I'd just need .5 inch spacer (so that I don't hit the window).

...I wish I was knew how to fiberglass. Since I got some f-ed up door panels sittin around now, I could work somethin up on them. Cause I think I may have a problem with the speakers hitting the grilles on the door panel. then again...if I could fiberglass, I'd just makesome kick panels (which seems like it may be my spring-break activity, if it doesn't rain or snow here in chicago next week; highly unlikely that it won't...)

HiFonics hawk, but I wouldn't recommend it, one of the channels is already broken in mine. I just got it b/c it matched my BX1500D so it looked good in my install, hopefully the ZEB will be able to hook it up w/ the warantee (doesn't sound like it though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.