CD Player and amp installing.......

Participant count
  • Participant list

high

ok i dont know anything about systems and i need help really bad

i got a 94' Camaro Z28 i need help on how to connect a CD Player i got a radio/casset

and its kind of big and the CD player isnt as big as the radio/.... i have no idea on how to get it to fit in there CD Player kit or whatever you call it

can someone tell me how to hook up the amp to the CD player,power,....ect.

can someone type it step by step please

thanks

2 12' subwoffers[400watts wax power each] , Pioneer Cd Player, 300 watts amp brigi.....

You are going to need 2 installation kits......1 for the cd player, and 1 for the amp

1st on the cd player you can go to a caraudio site and look for a kit that fits the camaro..

On the amp installation you buy the kit and a 8guage kit would be fine...

1st in the kit you will have a red around 30foot wire with an inline fuse that connects to the red post on your battery, run it to your trunk and it will connect to your amp in the slot marked 12vlt.......its your power wire..

2nd in the kit you will have a 3 foot black wire and that will connect to the slot on your amp marked grd that is your ground wire then you should find a metal bolt best would be your frame metal to metal and bolt that into place.

3rd you will have a ice blue 14guage wire that connect from the wire on your head unit labeled rmt or remote wire and it connects to the slot on your amp marked rmt

4th you will have a set of rca cables it has 2 plugs on each end...one set plugs to the back of your head unit they should color match the red with the red and black with the white then to your amp and the same thing there...

5th you would need to buy or get some 12 to 14 guage wire (4 3foot strands) and that will be your speaker wire. your sub box terminals should be marked with - and + and they will match onto the amp..

The easiest thing to do would be to go to your local car audio shop, or even Best Buy or Circuit City and tell them you need a reciever installation kit and wiring harness for a '94 Z-28. The kit will likely cost you between $12 to $18. The wiring harness from $8 to $12. You can also find them online for a little less, but with S&H plus the 3 to 4 day wait, the savings may not be worth it. The kit will mate your H/U to your factory radio opening and the wiring harness will allow you to plug right into your cars wiring (for power, ground and spkrs, etc) without having to cut any factory wires (big no no).

If you're also installing the amp and subs, then the amp kit Jeremy mentioned works the same way (if you don't have all that already). It will give you everything you need to hook up an amp to your system (in most situations). When you route your power wire from the batt to the hatch try to find a factory hole in the firewall to go thru. I believe the '94 has one towards the top passenger side of the firewall ( I'm an old camaro junkie). Then route it underneath the carpeting along the pass side of the car untill you get to your cubby hole in the back. When you route the RCA cables, run them down the driver's side in the same manner (avoids interference from power wire). The blue wire, your "remote turn on" wire should go down the pass side with the power wire.

When hooking up the ground wire from the amp be sure to find a solid metal structure to bolt it to and clean any dirt, paint, etc off of it so you have a metal to metal connection. If you want to spray paint over it to avoid rust after it's hooked up and tested, be my guest. Don't put the power wire fuse in until everything is hooked up and connections are double checked to be correct.

I think Jeremy covered everything else pretty sufficiently, so I'll pipe down now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

God bless you, hope it goes well. Come back if you run into problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.