CC Installation Question!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lord_Vegeta
10+ year member

VA
When Cicurit CIty hooks up an amp for the average person do they(installers) wire it at 4 ohms or 2 ohms? Thats all I want to know! & If they dont can I ask them to wire it the way I want it at no extra charge? & whats the difference between 4 ohms and 2 ohms anyway? Cuz the amp I have says it will push harder if its wired at 2 ohms! Just wondering??

It depends entierly on the speakers that the amp is wired to. If you have normal 4 ohm speakers, then you amp will see a 4 ohm load. You can't wire a single 4 ohm speaker to be anything other than 4 ohms. To get a 2 ohm load, you would need to wire 2 4 ohm speakers to each channel of the amp in parallel. Adding speakers just to get more power out of an amp is rarely worth the trouble or expense.

I need you to tell me at what ohm everything will be ran at!

I have 2 MTX 12inch subs 6000 series

1 Rockford Fosgate 501s amp.

There is more but I'll go from there because thats where my concern is. I dont have the specs on them off hand but I can get them if you want but pls tell me @ what ohm will everything be ran @.

Ok I looked up the specs and I noticed that the subs say 4 ohm. So im assuming that it will be @ 4 ohms for the amp also? Is there any way that it can be set to 2 ohms because it says 250watts x 2 @ 2 ohms and only like 125 x2 @ 4 ohms and I want at least 250 watts from my subs. Is this a case where I would need to upgrade my subs if I want more power or is there a way I can have the installers set it so it will push at least 250 watts x 2 @ 2 ohms? I need some answers, Thanx 4 those who responded!

Good lookin DBfan 187 it just so happens Im a Bronco fan too and I dont hate the Colts but I hate what they did to my team. RIP BRONCOS.......We'll be back next yr! Peace!

Just for quick ref:

All I have to tell the installation guy is to wire both subs in parallel for a 2 ohm load? right?

Good lookin DBfan 187 it just so happens Im a Bronco fan too and I dont hate the Colts but I hate what they did to my team. RIP BRONCOS.......We'll be back next yr! Peace!
Broncos fans Unite - *criquets chirping* That makes three of us ME, YOU, AND RMSRanger23(sp?) Everyone on this forum hates the Broncos. Next season Denver is destined to go to Jaxsonville for S.B.XXXVIX and WIN!

Just for quick ref:All I have to tell the installation guy is to wire both subs in parallel for a 2 ohm load? right?
Correct!:thumbsup

If each sub is 4ohms, then wire them in parallel for a 2ohm load!
4ohm\

parallel > = 2ohms

4ohm/
yeah but then theyd both be on the same channel so your other channel would be unused... either way they'll only see 125 watts a piece... might as well just wire one sub to each channel... doubt your amp would able to handle a 2 ohm bridged load...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.