Car Audio Professionals: What's the deal with Zapco?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jiggernaut

67 camaro am radio
Been researching amplifiers. I'm insterested in Zapco Z line amongst other brands. Zapco's website doesn't have a dealer listing nor does it have links to product warranty "white papers". I'm so green in the car audio arena that I'm still in the stay fresh pack. But, I've been in the dealing with automotive aftermarket companies for years and I've never ran into a company that makes it so difficult to gain access to their products and warranty. What-is-the-deal?

Secondly, Woofersetc.com is an authorized Zapco dealer. As I understand it, in the agreement they have they can't sell Zapco products under MSRP. So, after digging up a third party website I found a dealer in my area. I called them up in an attempt to do this right, shop local, possibly have them do a custom box and install. I expected equipment prices to be in the ball park of Wooferetc.com but, to my surprise I was quoted 150% to 190% over Woofersetc.com. So, is this the typical mark up (over MSRP)? am I missing something? What's the deal?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.