Car Audio Equipment Recommendations.....

Participant count
  • Participant list

b1utigg3r2
10+ year member

Now my mind is set upon these equipment below...

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-7878 ($450)

Subwoofers: *2* 12" Digital Design 3512a ($500)

Amplifier: JBL BP1200.1 ($300)

Please tell me if this is a good start for a stereo system... I'm new in to car audio, but I've done some research and got some advice on what to get. Please post a reply telling me what is good, and if these products are worth the price. Thanks~!

I was wondering if I were to get the pair of Digital Design Subwoofers (12" DD3512a), I would only be able to hook one subwoofer to the JBL BP1200.1 right? If I'm thinking right, then the amp is a 1-channel? The DD3512a takes 600W RMS and the JBL 1200.1 puts out 600W x 1 (4 ohm). That's max power towards one sub right? Please tell me if I'm thinking correctly... Thanks~!

get 2 dd dvc 2 ohm voice coils and wire it in a series parralle config would = 2 ohms mono. you should be tight then=) headunits vary in taste looks like you have your mind set. i would suggest a mids and highs amp and some speakers to "try" to keep up with your boom lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.