capacitors

Caps are worthless. If youve got dimming you need to upgrade your alternator or get a 2nd battery in.
Caps arent worthless i use a cap in my explorer and it works great. Depending on how much power ur system is using determines how much Farad Capacity you will need how much constent power does your system run?????

Ok, they are good if they have the voltage display so you can see how many volts you are running. Thats about it. In a high end stereo, it hurts more than it helps.

i have 1800 watts going to one 15" brahma at 1 ohm and im going to get 2 tempest and a jbl 1200.1 then 2 headrest tvs and 2 sun visor tvs and thats probably it

CAPS ARE NOT WORTHLESS. BUt i think u need an extra battery. and what knida car u got.
Cap is worthless here and so is an extra battery. hed be running 3000w rms and the stock alternator isnt going to take that very long. If he doesnt replace it now, he will have to in a few months. So whats a cap going to do in this situation? His alternator already cant keep up, then you have the cap struggling to take even more power which already cannot be supplied. Battery is going to be in the same boat as the cap.

well what if i just have an 1800 watt amp with one brahma....my stock alternator can handle that right?

Cap is worthless here and so is an extra battery. hed be running 3000w rms and the stock alternator isnt going to take that very long. If he doesnt replace it now, he will have to in a few months. So whats a cap going to do in this situation? His alternator already cant keep up, then you have the cap struggling to take even more power which already cannot be supplied. Battery is going to be in the same boat as the cap.
yo they are not. I have one, i am running 2 amps. My lights do not dimm but i use it to keep the amps happy. w/o the cap it sees like 13.87 v but the caps helps it get to that 14v range. and i agreed that he need an extra alt and battery.

goodnite

Ok, they are good if they have the voltage display so you can see how many volts you are running. Thats about it. In a high end stereo, it hurts more than it helps.
well u can say they hurt in all cases. When u have an upgraded alternator and battery, they willl help not hurt. But yeah in his case it will hurt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pyrus

10+ year member
pyrus
ny
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from