capacitor rumors

The truth is, capacitors do what they were designed to do - even out voltage spikes and dips. However, most people use them as a way to cure electrical deficiencies - something they were NOT designed to do.

thank you SSS thats exactly what i wanted em for, to even out the drop in voltage because i got tired of watchin my headlights dim with the beat lol. i didnt want em to make my setup be awesome but cuz of that

thank you SSS thats exactly what i wanted em for, to even out the drop in voltage because i got tired of watchin my headlights dim with the beat lol. i didnt want em to make my setup be awesome but cuz of that
It does oftentimes cure minor headlight dimming with a fairly low-powered system, but your voltage is dropping significantly because of underlying electrical issues. Odds are if your lights are literally "flashing," a cap would do very little. You may find that the "Big 3" alleviates it greatly. A capacitor would be my last resort to headlight dimming.

Also make sure your amps are grounded properly. What are you running?

It does oftentimes cure minor headlight dimming with a fairly low-powered system, but your voltage is dropping significantly because of underlying electrical issues. Odds are if your lights are literally "flashing," a cap would do very little. You may find that the "Big 3" alleviates it greatly. A capacitor would be my last resort to headlight dimming.
Also make sure your amps are grounded properly. What are you running?

Well put, I was gonna say somthing along the lines of that.

well yea i didnt mean flashin thas sort of an exageration but you get what im sayin. but i got 4 lanzar 12's and a kicker 350.4 amp i dont think that amp is big enough to push the 12's lol i had a made a little mistake when ordering i overlooked the specs when i ordered but if it sounds good ima work with it and i got a boss audio 8 farad cap and a boss audio BV7300 radio ive done the big 3 im just waitin on the box to get here for the subs and the amp install kit too

well yea i didnt mean flashin thas sort of an exageration but you get what im sayin. but i got 4 lanzar 12's and a kicker 350.4 amp i dont think that amp is big enough to push the 12's lol i had a made a little mistake when ordering i overlooked the specs when i ordered but if it sounds good ima work with it and i got a boss audio 8 farad cap and a boss audio BV7300 radio ive done the big 3 im just waitin on the box to get here for the subs and the amp install kit too
Hmm. So you're running ~400 wRMS and you're getting dimming? Unless your battery is on the verge of death, that shouldn't be happening - even with a puny electrical system.

Examine your wiring. Make sure everything is properly connected and has good contacts, especially the ground. If you do that AND the Big 3, and you STILL get dimming, I would strongly suspect a bad battery.

My friend's older brother insists on having a capacitor so that he can "show off his system without the car running, because doing that just wears down your alternator" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

lol dude no i havent put this setup in yet but i was sayin the last setup i had made the lights dim idk about this one yet im still waint on stuff to finish it but when i put the big 3 on all of my interior lights an headlights seemed much brighter so i reckon that helped out quite a bit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.