Capacitor? Hooking up a loud tweeter?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Raspo
10+ year member

Setup:

-2 12" Kicker Comps

-MTX Thunder TA4501 (Car Audio Amplifiers - TA4501 | MTX Audio)

I have had this setup for about a year now, it was my first system that I ran myself without any assistance. I have a thick-gauged wire that runs from the battery straight to the amp with nothing in between. I had a loudspeaker a while ago and after hooking it up to a separate amp, it blew with too much power going to it. My system makes my lights flicker at night and if the bass is too strong, the bass will cut out for a second or so and that is what led me to think I needed a capacitor. Just wondering what a capacitor does and if it is necessary to have one in my setup.

Anyways, my plan with the new tweeter is to have it hooked up to a separate 100 watt amp that my friend has and have a separate RCA ran back to that one since the MTX doesn't have a lot of flexibility. I was wondering if I also needed a bass blocker, or what is all needed to hook up a loud tweeter?

Any help appreciated,

Raspo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.