cap from 14.4 steady dropped to 14.0 and wont go back up

Participant count
  • Participant list

substance
10+ year member

houston
I have a Lighting audio Strike 1.0 fared cap with the digital monitor. It was running steady @14.4v sometimes even 14.7, I took the car into the shop to have some foglights intstalled, (they didnt even finish). (i left the fuse in my power wire, so the cap was hooked up, but not on, maybe they drained the power from the cap, or maybe the foglight installed ****ed something up?) now my cap stays @ 14.0v and sometimes when my car is in park its @ 14.2, and sometimes when i first start the car up in the morning its at 14.7 now, then it will drop (i have a deep cycle fosgate battery). Do i need to charge the cap? if so, how exactly do i do it? will a christmas light work? and do i need my car turned on, because my cap has a remote hooked up to it so that it only is on when the cd player is. also a long time ago my cap used to run at 14.0v a while ago, until i grounded it better and gold top terminals for my battery. when i drive my car now, it will sometimes go up to like 14.1 or 14.2 but then drop back down to 14 or 13.8 when im stopped at a light, and i wont even be playing my system loud at all.

Well I really do not see a big problem with what you are describing. Since you had the fog lights hooked up does you lights dim or do you see a preformance drop in your system?

I would check the grounding system they used to hook up your fog lights. I have seen some people try to tie into my stereo system installs and I had to lay the smack down and tell them NOT TO USE my grounding points for there ****. Stop being lazy and make your own ground. If they tied into your ground you may have a resistance problem on the ground. If you double stack a ground you will get a problem with raising the OHM load across the entire ground. This will casue all componants hooked up to not work as easy. Check the ground from the fog lights, and also recheck your ground on your cap.

the fog lights arent even working, i think i have to take my truck in to the dealership so they can program something into the computer. at least it said that in the fog light manual. they musta ****ed up a ground.

Dude 14.0 is such a high voltage anyway. You have nothing to worry about. I run about 13.7 last night, then it was at only 13.4 no big deal, it depends on what other accessories you are running as well as the stereo. Lights, AC, defroster take the voltage down. The cap is fine, don't worry about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.