Can you add a subsonic filter to an amp?

Readup on the amp See if there's one already on it.???
lol, do you mean internally? its a jbl gto 1200.1 i bought it anyways for 100$ on craiglist

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

im gonna probally buy a 20hz fmod

lol, do you mean internally? its a jbl gto 1200.1 i bought it anyways for 100$ on craiglist 

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

im gonna probally buy a 20hz fmod
damn that's a good price on that amp. Why do you even need a subsonic filter? How low do the songs actually hit lol?

damn that's a good price on that amp. Why do you even need a subsonic filter? How low do the songs actually hit lol?
im gonna be using the amp on an eclipse ti @ 2 ohms ported I dont want the amp wasting power on notes I wont hear, I also read that it could damage your sub w/o a subsonic filter. If you go sealed box you wont need it. Anyone corret me if im wrong

Correct, below the tuning frequency the sub is unloaded, meaning the sub can be easily damaged from excessive excursion without resistance from the box. That is why you want a subsonic filter. Ah additional benefits from increased amp efficiency is a bonus.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.