can somebody decode this shizz for me

Participant count
  • Participant list

kurtdirt1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hey can someone give me a little insight into what these numbers mean? I understand fs/re But what do the other numbers mean. These in particular, I just bought this sub for testing and well I'd like to know what these numbers say about the woofer. Thanks in advance Oh and btw this is a 12" D4 sub and the manuf suggests a .95ft^3 Sealed...rated for 500rms

* RE: 6.8 Ohms

* QMS: 8.50

* QES: 0.75

* RE: 6.8

* QTS: 0.69

* FS: 33 Hz

* VAS: 41.5

* RE: 6.8 Ohms - This is the DC resistance of the voice coil measured at rest.

* QMS: 8.50 - This is the mechanical Q. (damping)

* QES: 0.75 - This is the electrical Q.

* RE: 6.8

* QTS: 0.69 - This is the total Q. The result of this equation - (Qms x Qes)/(Qms + Qes)=Qts

* FS: 33 Hz - This is the driver's resonant frequency. It's the result of a specific moving mass (Mms) in conjunction with a specific compliance of the spider(s) and surround (Cms).

* VAS: 41.5 - This is the volume of air with a "springyness" equal to the "springyness" of the suspension. In this case, it's in liters.

This driver would be best suited for sealed enclosures as recommended by the manufacturer.

And yeah, this info is easily found with a simple Google search.

Thanks everyone, I've read writeups on small paramaters before and got more confused. it may have just been bad write-ups or i didn't pay enough attention to detail. Thank you

"we got the info, but now what do we do with it? "

^^^Do you mind expanding on this? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kurtdirt1

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
kurtdirt1
Hanford, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date