can i use bass boost on this amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

soundstream16
10+ year member

so i have a Soundstream TX1.2000D and and SPLX 15. i tried bass boost before and the sub sounded a bit distorted. the bass boost is either 0,6, or 12 db. when i tested it though, i had very low voltage. i have upgraded batts since.

i have heard bass boost is bad but i have also heard that on good amps and quality amps,

it is not as bad if used correctly.

im not saying this amp is the best because it isn't a sundown or anything but it is a lot better than my old PA amp.

so what do you think?

so i have a Soundstream TX1.2000D and and SPLX 15. i tried bass boost before and the sub sounded a bit distorted. the bass boost is either 0,6, or 12 db. when i tested it though, i had very low voltage. i have upgraded batts since.
i have heard bass boost is bad but i have also heard that on good amps and quality amps,

it is not as bad if used correctly.

im not saying this amp is the best because it isn't a sundown or anything but it is a lot better than my old PA amp.

so what do you think?
why in the hell would you want to use a bass boost????

The boost is centered at 50hz.

That is right in the middle of the "easy" zone for bass. That is probably very near the peak output of your system w/o boosting. Even a dirt cheap sub can create a little SPL at that frequency.

To boost at that point would be like putting big ol' fake p0rn boobs on a girl with a fantastic pair of c's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.