Can I use 2 DC lvl 3's for HT tuned to 20 hz?

hzsogood
5,000+ posts

**The Clean South**
TX/MN
I know it's not what they are made for etc etc. But I was just wondering in a box that's about 4 cubic feet before port and sub tuned that low if it would really hurt them or if the subs themselves could handle it.

The thing that got me thinking s this pos Polk audio 10" driver m using now plays descent bass for movies and music. And it's garbage in a driver comparison. It almost seems like a car audio driver cuz the thing fades and bottoms out below 25 hz. Bad!

If I do I would more than likely buy a Dayton 1000 watt ( rms ) amp and try it. If it doesn't work I might just keep the amp and buy a Dayton titanic 15 or a eD 15.

But my main. Oncern would be at the moment hurting my dc's

I have no idea theqts or fs of the Polk. I bought t at best buy just to have some bass but. I'm gonna return it. I'm on my phone so I can't post links now but it's the psw 10

the dc's would be run off a Dayton 1000 rms amp. Very good amp

as far as being flat. I'm sure it will fluctuate quite a bit but ijust want this thing to kill the low end. Which honestly is all home theater is. ( below 30 hz ) but as far as spl goes I can not imagine what these 2 dc's would do in

my house. They did mid 40s in my car so it should be interesting

id put about half that to the pair if you are going to be tuning it that low.

just waht id do.

im shaking **** off the walls with a TRUbass 8 and 100 watts so.,...

id put about half that to the pair if you are going to be tuning it that low.
just waht id do.

im shaking **** off the walls with a TRUbass 8 and 100 watts so.,...
Hmmmmm. Yea I was thinking ca audio again. And the mc1000d I have in my car actually seems to underpoer them a bit so thought 1000 rms would be good since there rated about 600 rms. But it does make sence to back off a bit with this low of tuning.

It would really boggle my mind if these subs could NOT slam low around 20-22 hz when shitty 12" drivers from best buy can do it.

Any box size suggestions for 2 dc lvl 3 12s for ht. Tuned low..?? Is this when u want to make the box bigger or smaller when tuning low?

I'm guessing probAbly 2 6" aeros around 12-14 inches should get close.?

Hmmmmm. Yea I was thinking ca audio again. And the mc1000d I have in my car actually seems to underpoer them a bit so thought 1000 rms would be good since there rated about 600 rms. But it does make sence to back off a bit with this low of tuning.
It would really boggle my mind if these subs could NOT slam low around 20-22 hz when shitty 12" drivers from best buy can do it.

Any box size suggestions for 2 dc lvl 3 12s for ht. Tuned low..?? Is this when u want to make the box bigger or smaller when tuning low?

I'm guessing probAbly 2 6" aeros around 12-14 inches should get close.?
4 cu ft @ 20hz via 2 6" aeros would be 92" long.

2 3" ports would be 22.75" long. I don't know if aero is your best option.
I'm assuming for low tuning I could make a 6 cub foot box. I just thought the aeros would be better in home theater for some reason

Go pick up something from mach5audio.com

They have PLENTY of 15-18" woofers MEANT for home audio that dont need alot of power to make numbers, and wont cost you more than $175 per driver shipped

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.