Can I split RCA'S ??????

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jaredturp
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
PA
My buddy has a 4Runner and I'm installing a new 4 channel in it. It has a factory 10 channel I believe. It has stock JBL system so the rca's only the F and R ones coming out of the deck go into this digital interface that maintain his stock sub and center channel. The other side of the interface is a mess of wires that go to his stock amp I believe. Can I just spilt the RCA's before this interface and send them to the new amp as well?

no you cant, thats why RCA splitters are illegal and you can only buy them at any electronics store //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

try it should work
I'm the friend BTW!

How would YOU do an install like this?

I have two sets of Type S component subs that I want to install, and eventually I'll put a few subs in the back, but I just don't have the cash...

What's the ideal way to go about upgrading sound with a system like this... thanks SICAUDIO

no you cant, thats why RCA splitters are illegal and you can only buy them at any electronics store //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Hahhahah I'm just wondering if this is a viable solution. This is my first amp install and I have to deal with this digital interface ****...

ditch all the stock junk and install fresh good equiptment but yes i would split the signal with splitters but i would also use a line driver out of the deck to keep the rca signal stronger as well.

ditch all the stock junk and install fresh good equiptment but yes i would split the signal with splitters but i would also use a line driver out of the deck to keep the rca signal stronger as well.
Beautiful man! Thanks for the help! Any line driver you suggest?

How's this sound SICAUDIO?

I'm gonna get 4 RCA splitters.

I'll be replacing the existing RCA's coming out of the Axxess interface, THEN i'll put the splitters into each one of the inputs, leaving 8 open connections. I'll plug the RCA's from the Interface - one Front end will go into one splitter, and the other Front end will go into the other splitter. Then I will do the same with the Rear ends - leaving 4 open connections on the splitters - that's where I'll connect the new RCA's that run to my new amp.

Since I want to keep my factory sub I'm going to split the factory remote wire and tie it together with a wire nut and run it to my new amp. I'll transfer the stock speaker wire in the stock amp to my new amp, except for the speaker wire powering the stock sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.