Can I please break a 147?

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I'm about fed up trying to put up a decent number with daily tuning. Next idea since I can't fit 15s and a single 18 might not work.

Single 6 inch flared aero, tuned at 34, 17 inches total. Box will be 3.2 net after port subs and bracing. Subs up in the back corners, port firing out the back in the center about 8 inches from the back of the car.

Opinion? I'll post a pic of the current box in a minute. It's 3 cubes net tuned at 31hz. 54sq inches of port, 18 per cube. It did a 145 sealed up at 46hz.

Well it is hard. If they where in a car with Atleast one flat surface it might be easier.
im going to be as honest and as nice as i can with this situation.

You're going about it the wrong way IMO. Colby Sarver's dad /Knows tc's you need to lose that back seat. its a 2 door anyway who cares. just fold it down.

not seeing over a 45 sealed for you is a bit of a disapointment. I think you are tuning too low. There is a such thing.Yes i know you love lows you love musical setups but lets be honest here, what do you REALLY want to do? get loud or get low? you cant do both unless you have 4-6 subs in that thing and you know it. So pick your poisen. Be quiet and sound good to you or give up a little bit of it and meter well.

im going to be as honest and as nice as i can with this situation. You're going about it the wrong way IMO. Colby Sarver's dad /Knows tc's you need to lose that back seat. its a 2 door anyway who cares. just fold it down.

not seeing over a 45 sealed for you is a bit of a disapointment. I think you are tuning too low. There is a such thing.Yes i know you love lows you love musical setups but lets be honest here, what do you REALLY want to do? get loud or get low? you cant do both unless you have 4-6 subs in that thing and you know it. So pick your poisen. Be quiet and sound good to you or give up a little bit of it and meter well.
Back seat has been gone. Colby can't break a 50 sealed up tuned at 38hz, his peak. With more power then I have with 4 12s. Not that impressed. I hit a 47 sealed with the junk box before this one, the one Jeff messed with you with.

Back seat has been gone. Colby can't break a 50 sealed up tuned at 38hz, his peak. With more power then I have with 4 12s. Not that impressed. I hit a 47 sealed with the junk box before this one, the one Jeff messed with you with.
then you need sub and port back

Box is too small and you're tuned too low. Get about 8 cube behind a pair of 12's with 120" port tune higher and see what happens. I've done 148's with pair of 12's tuned in the mid and high 30's but in bigger boxes.

then you need sub and port back
That's what I have now. I think it wants the port in the center. That's how a real loud TC had it, I wanted to copy that box but he ran level 3s and my motors are to wide to fit. He was tuned at 40 with a 7.5 inch octo. Running a AQ2200

Box is too small and you're tuned too low. Get about 8 cube behind a pair of 12's with 120" port tune higher and see what happens. I've done 148's with pair of 12's tuned in the mid and high 30's but in bigger boxes.
Not with DC subs. Big box equals broke subs.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

I'll post a few pics in a sec. You will see what I'm talking about.

subs forward and aero ports out the rear just like the crx's keep the box at recommended size too ,if you have a hatchback if not then subs and port forward ,again aero ports 6" x 2 ,tune it a bit higher for max spl ,you can always plug one port up for a lower tuning or change out the cylinder of the port to longer ones for daily music

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.