Can I Connect My Ipod?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Harrison486
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
New Jersey
Hey guys! What's going on? Well, I have a quick question about my ipod. I did try to search, but didn't really find what I was looking for. Anyway, I am soon going to be installing my own sub and amp. To do this, I am going to have to take out my head unit at some point. I know that there are those adapter kits with those blocks that cost like $150, but is there any way of me just plugging my IPOD into my HU or something while I have it out? Or is that big adapter thing my only hope? Thanks.

what kind of H/U do you have? and you dont need to get one of those kits just to be able to listen to your music as long as you have aux input on your H/U you can get(depending on the type of input) 1/8" headphone jack at each end or the more common AUX input type RCA to 1/8" headphone jack(monster cables makes one of these)

need more info for a better answer, cause then someone can see (maybe even your self) if that model had an aux input. i plan on hooking mine up to my alpine flip screen, but i am pretty sure the ipod adapter wont work on my old ass head unit.

need more info for a better answer, cause then someone can see (maybe even your self) if that model had an aux input. i plan on hooking mine up to my alpine flip screen, but i am pretty sure the ipod adapter wont work on my old ass head unit.
My Head Unit is actually the Pioneer DEH-P3500 ...

Here Are The Specs

I believe it lists "optional auxillary input"

So what do I need? I have heard that Pioneers use an IP-bus and not a normal aux jack. Is this true? That would mean I need a IP-Bus to RCA converter, right?

Maybe something like This

Yes, you need an IP-Bus convertor. The Pioneer decks with a "P" in the front (like Deh-P520, or Deh-P7600) have a funny little input thing in the back for CD changers, however, with that part you can use it as an Aux in. Go to...

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PIOCDRB10?ref=yhps

And get them to price match the part against this...

http://www.avcarexpo.com/247.html

I think after shipping it was around $27. The just follow the steps in your manual to set up the Aux input, and you're good to go.

Thanks! I was going to end up buying a "generic" no-name copy type thing off of ebay for around $23, so for a few bucks more, I'll be getting the real thing!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.