Can anyone recommend some 6x8's to replace the OEM ones in my GF's 98 f-150?

air_odie
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
FLA USA
vehicle is a 1998 ford f-150 lariett 3 door with 4 (2f/2r) OEM BLOWN 6x8's in it. We are looking for some mid line replacements for the truck. she JAMS and rags so we need something that can handle an abusive operator, I am slowly starting to educate her theres more to a volume knob then just sound but......

I love BA's but a set of pro 60's and the amp seem overkill for her needs.

currently she has an old panasonic deck, 2 cv8's and some old midline brand amp....I am not even sure if the amp works but if it doesn't I'll replace it with on of same line....

So need to easy 6x8's for the Front and two for the rear.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??

first of all how many times are you going to refer to your truck as she?

lol j/p

hmmmm

ebay is prolly your best bet.

dont really see anyone sell 6x8 on here tho.

google it and maybe like an online car discount place will come up

This is what you do. Replace her radio with a good one. Make a 6x8 plate and get either a 5.25 or a 6.25 components for the front. The tweeters mount them on the pillers.(flush mount) and do a set of 6x8s in the rear. You also need a 4 ch and a good amp for her 8's.....Then she'll be good

well i am kinda just lookin to keep it cheap and just amp the subs and use the current amp and deck....I just need an idea on whats a good 6x8

Each speaker has different characteristics, some of which might be pleasing to you and others which might not be pleasing at all. I'd suggest listening to a few different speakers and then decide what sounds best to you. Then find the model in a 5x7/6x8 size. Most entry level ones will be available, but the high end speakers and components are easier to find in 6.5" size.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.