can a XXX be ran at 1500watts?

gmoney69
10+ year member

LI, NY
Hey i was woundering if a XXX can be ran at 1500 watts? i have a HIFONICS BRUTUS BX1500D that i just bought and i want to upgrade my sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif.

my other question is, how do you link two amps up to power one sub if needed?

thanks alot guys

not alot of low powered amps are stapable

but if you get one its really easy just go by the directions,

1 amp is master 1 is slave

slave gets all the settings ie:gain, lpf ssf, bass boost from the master amp via a cable of some sort

then connect the amps negatives together via a wire and run 1 pos from a amp to pos on su and pos on diff amp to neg on sub

Lets review.

The XXX (the old one anyway, which is the only one you can get right now) has an RMS of 1600.

Any reason why youre asking if you can power it with 1500?

Also, x2 on the brutus not giving it the whole 1500- but it will be enough to get it going very well. No need to get a better amp, like the other guy said. Youll be fine.

Lets review.The XXX (the old one anyway, which is the only one you can get right now) has an RMS of 1600.

Any reason why youre asking if you can power it with 1500?

Also, x2 on the brutus not giving it the whole 1500- but it will be enough to get it going very well. No need to get a better amp, like the other guy said. Youll be fine.
There's no need, but I would put something of a bit better quality on a $400+ sub...

You will be underpowering it with 1200 rms
If that's underpowering, what was I doing with only 400 on mine? It sounds great with that amount of power. There is plenty of potential volume left, but it was loud enough and there was zero distortion.

The difference between 1200W and 1600W is less than 1dB. There is no reason that you have to run max RMS to a sub anyway, unless you just need to validate your pathetic life. Don't turn down the volume, you'll underpower your sub!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gmoney69

10+ year member
gmoney69
LI, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from