Calling Out So-Called "Good" Designers

MisterGrubbs
5,000+ posts

Kinda Old School
Send me a PM or post in here, whichever you like, if you think you can do what I need.

After seeing the newly updated thread on the T-Lines, I think I want to try one.

So, first I need a price for a design with a full cutsheet(yes, full cutsheet) for a 10" Woofer in a T-Line, just to try it. See waht the gain really is over ported.

If that works out correctly, you'll have a much larger project later that Iwill gladly reward you with higher pay on my part for participating in.

There is no gain over ported. It will have flatter frequency response though.
actualy ur going to lose gain by lengthing the bandwidth if ur lookin for output not he right box for u but if ur lookin for a overall good sounding box with low power this is ur box

There is no gain over ported. It will have flatter frequency response though.
I've heard one way, I've heard the other.

I've heard there is a huge gain, and it's "more efficient" so to speak...but then again, I was told the enclosure would require you to run less power to the speaker because of the design.

And I've also heard it's almost as loud if not a weeeee bit louder than a standard ported box

The only thing I know for sure is, as stated, a flatter response, which is always good.

Never heard anyone say a standard slot ported box would be louder.

Hrm.

Always under the impression a folded horn and a Transmission Line were "louder" on the mic/in a setup

Never heard anyone say a standard slot ported box would be louder.
Hrm.

Always under the impression a folded horn and a Transmission Line were "louder" on the mic/in a setup
Then you have been listening to the wrong people.

Also a folded horn and t-line or two different animals. Not to mention t-lines and 1/4 waves are different as well.

A t-line will be more efficient yes but will also reach the mechanical power limit quicker than a ported box. And almost all of the time a ported box will be louder.

Also a folded horn and t-line or two different animals. Not to mention t-lines and 1/4 waves are different as well.

A t-line will be more efficient yes but will also reach the mechanical power limit quicker than a ported box. And almost all of the time a ported box will be louder.
They can be tuned and designed more for SPL, not just good bandwidth, similar to the way a ported box can

I believe Snoopdan did a 155 and change with a single 18 in a psuedo-TL design (granted, and like 5kw)

Why not learn to do it yourself?
There PLENTY of info on the web about them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I've been reading a little bit ;-)

But after all this is the internet, and as the point was just made - there are TONS of misinformed individuals who try to educate others.

So I'm confused, nonetheless - I thought a 1/4 wave and a Transmission Line were very similar - almost the same thing, and that a snailshell was also based around the same type of concept?

So with a daily-driven SPL in mind, unlimited power so to speak, a folded horn enclosure would be more befitting? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

what kind of experience do you have? none probably

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif I hate it when uneducated people try and tell you how it is.

start off with which sub you're running and try to find ts specs on it.

what kind of experience do you have? none probably

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif I hate it when uneducated people try and tell you how it is.

start off with which sub you're running and try to find ts specs on it.
You giving someone advise?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358023

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.