Calling all Excelon owners-HELP!

Participant count
  • Participant list

ActionJ-01-Z71
10+ year member

Action Jackson
TULSA
system run down. x790 hu, kicker xs-100, alpine type r12, type s 6x9 and 6.5's.

put in the hu. ran power to amp down drivers side. grounded the amp on one of the back seat screws. (i know thats not the best place but it seems to work) i then ran the rca's down passenger side. hoooked rca's to sub preamp outs. and get nothing. but if i move them over to rear preamps i get my bass. i checked all settings that i am aware would affect the sub preamps. made sure the subwoofer setting was "on" first. made sure subwoofer was cranked up. then made sure the dual zone was set to off. messed around w/ the x-over just to see if that was it. im stumped...

this is the second x790 as i took the first one back because i was sure it was the problem. now i am pretty sure it must be a hu setting that i am not aware of. i emailed kenwood about the issue during the first install and they said reset the hu and that didnt fix it it that it was hu malfunctiong and needed service. i seriously doubt its 2 bad hu's in a row.

any advice or tips would be great!

if you guys arent sure ill just have to go ahead and pay a tech to figure it out for me. then ill post up on what he said was the issue.

Thanks,

AJ

Humm, you ought be getting something?? I have had two Excelons and never ran into that problem. I really doubt if its you head unit. Seems to me your going to have to do a complete diagnostics on your wireing from front to back and locate your problem, starting with your battery connections.

Humm, you ought be getting something?? I have had two Excelons and never ran into that problem. I really doubt if its you head unit. Seems to me your going to have to do a complete diagnostics on your wireing from front to back and locate your problem, starting with your battery connections.

press the button on the right of the hu and hold it down pointing downward, your preout might be turned off and that will turn it on and off, but it should be on when you get the hu.

press the button on the right of the hu and hold it down pointing downward, your preout might be turned off and that will turn it on and off, but it should be on when you get the hu.
i turned it off and on again several times to try and fix the problem. didnt didt work...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.