Cadillac Allante Head Unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

donohoe

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a covertible cadillac Allante that I want to keep as stock as possible. The cd player no longer works and the amps on the bose speakers are all shot. If you are not familiar with Allantes, they are an electrical nightmare. Replacing any of the electronics will cost a lot in parts and I want to keep it stock so if I ever decide to sell it I can let the next owner deal with how they want it. Its not my daily driver and as long as I can play spotify loud and clear I will be content with my system.

My solution is build a trapezoid box with one 8in sub, two 6.5's and a 4 channel amp with the rear channel bridged for the sub. I would custom build this to fit in the space behind the seats. I know its not ideal to not have front speakers but with the speakers inches from my back I feel like I will hear it fine and should be loud enough to hear with the top down. I was looking at using a univeral bluetooth reciever with remote and going directly to the amps instead of trying to hide a head unit. Do people have any suggestions on which bluetooth reciever would work best for this type of setup? I was looking at the MTX and Infinity ones and those both look like they would work for what I need. Any other thoughts or input on building something like this? I want to do all the work myself and installed a headunit with cd changer in the glove, 2 amps, 2 12's and front and rear seperates in my last caddy but have never tried to bypass having a headunit completely. Is there anything I should be aware of when trying to have a system without a headunit at all?

All you need is a source that'll produce an RCA output with a decent voltage, 4v+. Whether that's a radio, whatever. The easiest thing to do is just to run your own power and ground wire to a new radio (and maybe a turn on, depends), don't use the factory wires at all, and do the same for the door speakers by just running your own independent sets to whatever speakers you want to use.

you can't put a new head unit into an allante, the size is smaller than a normal headunit and they are integrated into the other electronic systems. Trying to avoid putting a headunit all together so I don't have to cut anything up to hide one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.