Cadence or PowerBass ?

_S7V7N_
10+ year member

Looking for some budget components that are okay. Last set i had were Hifonics components which lasted about 3 years. I've gotten good use out of them and want to replace them.

First set is : Cadence CWM6

Audio Savings | Cadence CWM6KIT 6.5" 200 Watt Component Car Speakers, Aluminum Cones, Silk Dome

I've typed the name and model in Google and have gotten mixed reviews. The earlier versions had high ratings, the newer stuff seems to have problems. Wondering if anybody's bought a set in the past few months that can give a thumbs up or down.

Second set : POWERBASS 2XL-60C

PowerBass 2XL 60C 2yr Wrnty 6 5" 2 Way Car Audio Stereo Component Speakers Set 823871002795 | eBay

Did a Google search on them and same thing they have good and bad reviews. Mainly people making fun of the name of the brand but not much as far as first hand experience.

Amp I have: 100wrms x 2 to push the components

Look up West Coast Customs components on eBay. They handled 120w per side just fine and sounded pretty good to me. They are rebranded Diamond D6 series components from a few years ago.

Both are decent quality comps. PB leans a lil more towards sq and the cadence lean a lil towards spl either are decent comps.

If you can spend a lil bit more check out the infinity kappa comps they are on amazon for like 120.00 for the set but they are damm near bullet proof I am putting 220 rms to each side and they take it all day. They have good mid bass and a helluva bright tweet.

What kinda sound are you looking for (what type of music do you listen to?) Do you like a bright tweet or a more warm sound (by warm i mean like the sound from a live jazz band using tube amps, and by bright I mean like the sound of a live rock band using marshal amps) just an example.. I truly believe in spending a lil more on mids/highs speakers and amps because cheap equipment is much more noticeable in the mid/high freq range....just my opinion.

I bought 2 sets of the Cadences 2.5 years ago to fill the front and rear component locations in my Lincoln. The mid has good weight to it and has a sturdy cone, needs power to shine. The tweet isn't piercing (think infinity) and imo sounds good. The xover is also adequate. I'm not Mr. technical and am pretty easy to please. For $60 it's a no brainer.

The Pb's are ugly and have an unattractive logo, very audiobahnish. That's strictly aesthetics though. I had a pair of their mid level 15's and the build quality and sound was meh. The only thing pb i'd buy are some of the amps.

With that said, I'd much rather own either of these sets than the crap CT Sounds just came out with.

Are far as music goes i listen to anything from Country, to old 80's rock (ac/dc Metallica) to r&b.

I'm going to try and find the link to the review i found on Cadence. The older stuff from a few years ago was good. Some of the newer reviews report issues with the crossovers. It could be user error or it could be a legit issue from changing who makes them. That's the reason i'm looking for some first hand experience on either brand.

As far as amps go I have a PowerBass 2 channel which sounds really nice. I had a crunch 4 channel before. I like the PB better.

Are far as music goes i listen to anything from Country, to old 80's rock (ac/dc Metallica) to r&b.
I'm going to try and find the link to the review i found on Cadence. The older stuff from a few years ago was good. Some of the newer reviews report issues with the crossovers. It could be user error or it could be a legit issue from changing who makes them. That's the reason i'm looking for some first hand experience on either brand.

As far as amps go I have a PowerBass 2 channel which sounds really nice. I had a crunch 4 channel before. I like the PB better.

Off the top of my head the only thing I remember being fugged up were the xover screws/threads. Can't remember if it was the xover itself or if my terminals were the issue. Regardless, that's the only issue I could think of. Oh, and the tweeters were pretty tight (good or bad thing) in their adjustable pods. Ok, that's it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.